Esteemed Contributor

DD made a really good breakfast.

First, you have to know she hates to cook.  She will happily clean the kitchen but cooking, nope.

It was basically pancake recipe but it was done in a sheet pan with raspberries and blueberries on top, sprinkled with sugar and baked.  It was really good.  She found the recipe somewhere on line.  You can also use Bisquick or pancake mix for a short cut.

She said it was so easy even she could do it. It's funny,  this woman is smart but she gets in a kitchen and I don't know what happens. Mac and cheese and eggs are her limit and she has no interest in learning anything more complicated. 

Oh well everyone is different.  I loved cooking, she makes beautiful quilts and I hate sewing.

Honored Contributor

Re: DD made a really good breakfast.

That sounds delicious with a good cup of coffee.

Esteemed Contributor

How lovely of her to make you breakfast!! Sounds yummy!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2You and your daughter remind me of the home-ec team from the middle school where I worked.  While both women could cook and sew, each liked only one - and out of the classroom, that's how they chose to use their time and talents.

ETA -  I like that recipe and even I could do it.  Thank your daughter for me.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I totally relate to your DD, I HATE to cook and would much rather do the dishes.  I do what I call "fix food".  I rarely make things that require mixed ingredients.  For example I might serve a steak, baked potato, fresh sliced tomatoes or a vegetable; or a pork chop, wild rice, with chunky cinnamon applesauce; or chicken with mashed potatoes, a side of peas with a roll & butter and wedge of lettuce with dressing.   All items are pretty much stand-alone items - not "recipes" with mixed ingredients.  In a way, it has turned out to be a good thing because I rarely use processed foods with this approach.  But, it was always about the fact that I am just not that good in the kitchen/cooking.  

My mother was a "dumper" - she would grab whatever she had and dump some of this and dump some of that and it would magically turn out to be fantastic.  She could never give a recipe or teach me how to recreate anything because she never knew what she grabbed.  My sister is a gourmet cook - makes fancy meals with tons of ingredients and uses every pot, pan, utensil, in the kitchen.  I always got stuck with the dishes, so I hated this method of getting a meal on the table.  

I do have a few exceptions (nothing fancy)...I do mix ingredients to make sloppy joes in the cold months and sometimes I will make soup or a few other multi-ingredient things but otherwise it is strictly stand alone foods that come out of my kitchen. 
Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Esteemed Contributor

I thought it would be great for a crowd rather than standing making individual pancakes.

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

First, you have to know she hates to cook.  She will happily clean the kitchen but cooking, nope.

It was basically pancake recipe but it was done in a sheet pan with raspberries and blueberries on top, sprinkled with sugar and baked.  It was really good.  She found the recipe somewhere on line.  You can also use Bisquick or pancake mix for a short cut.

She said it was so easy even she could do it. It's funny,  this woman is smart but she gets in a kitchen and I don't know what happens. Mac and cheese and eggs are her limit and she has no interest in learning anything more complicated. 

Oh well everyone is different.  I loved cooking, she makes beautiful quilts and I hate sewing.

What does intelligence have to do with cooking?  People all over the world, smart and stupid, can cook. Not everyone, however, has the slightest interest in cooking. Raising my hand, here. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Havarti 

I love your way.   I don't do a lot of cooking anymore but this describes most of mine and I'm going to work to do more of this.   I also do "TJ" cooking.   Buy it at Trader Joe's and heat it up or eat it out of the packaging.  We love many of their salads and already cooked meats.  Over the years I've narrowed down the things there we like and buy them .  Tasty and easy.  

Respected Contributor

Most of us have things we dislike doing. ...be it cooking, cleaning, yard work,  etc.   But as adults most of us don't have a choice.we do it because we have to.  Good for your daughter learning to do things she dislikes before she moves out on her own .

Honored Contributor

How sweet of your daughter. If she likes easy here is an easy sausage gravy recipe using McCormick Original Country Gravy.

Brown 1 lb of sausage, remove grease, sprinkle 1 package country gravy over sausage, add 2 cups water, turn heat up to a boil, turn heat down & let gravy thicken. It's so good if you like this type of thing.

We buy our sausage from the meat market which seems to have less fat in it. You can also make your own gravy.

I saw this online about doing it all like the above in one pan but I thought that will be a mess. LOL!!! It turns out though.

You can do the same with 1 lb of hamburger to make SOS.