Trusted Contributor

Re: DD Finally Went In Aldis.

As this week's special, they have different disinfecting products on special.

I was able to get some gloves, some disinfecting spray cleaner, and some individual hand sanitizing wipes. 

I like to carry these wipes in my purse and use these when I'm having a snack when we're out.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

I shop at Aldi's every weekend.  Hands down, they have the lowest prices for many items that I buy on a regular basis.  The pita chips, golden raisins, big canister of oatmeal, all their cereals are just a few items that I save a lot of money on. 

In my store, the produce is good, not great, but for the basics, you can't beat them.  I've had great luck with their store brand, although I don't buy meat there, but get a lot of dairy, frozen items, and the basics (canned goods).  The first few times I tried them, I couldn't believe all the food I purchased for so little money. 

The chips and crackers are equal to name brands, at about 1/2 the price.

Their private label store brand items are made by major manufacturers.

They rotate their specialty food items, so when you see something that you like, you need to stock up if they don't have any limits on something.

For example, they rotate Mexican foods week, Italian foods week, German foods week, etc.

That's the only thing that I think can be disappointing, as they can sell out of their special items really fast--both the weekly specials, and the specialty food items.

I like their German and Italian specialty items. They have an Italian Sausage and Peppers Pasta Sauce that's really good that comes out during Italian week, and that one variety sells out all of the time. 

Respected Contributor

Beware some of their products are sourced from China to keep costs down. I've seen Chinese salmon tilapia and edammame pasta. 

Honored Contributor

Why post on where your dd goes. all the time.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Toppers3 wrote:

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

I shop at Aldi's every weekend.  Hands down, they have the lowest prices for many items that I buy on a regular basis.  The pita chips, golden raisins, big canister of oatmeal, all their cereals are just a few items that I save a lot of money on. 

In my store, the produce is good, not great, but for the basics, you can't beat them.  I've had great luck with their store brand, although I don't buy meat there, but get a lot of dairy, frozen items, and the basics (canned goods).  The first few times I tried them, I couldn't believe all the food I purchased for so little money. 

The chips and crackers are equal to name brands, at about 1/2 the price.

Their private label store brand items are made by major manufacturers.

They rotate their specialty food items, so when you see something that you like, you need to stock up if they don't have any limits on something.

For example, they rotate Mexican foods week, Italian foods week, German foods week, etc.

That's the only thing that I think can be disappointing, as they can sell out of their special items really fast--both the weekly specials, and the specialty food items.

I like their German and Italian specialty items. They have an Italian Sausage and Peppers Pasta Sauce that's really good that comes out during Italian week, and that one variety sells out all of the time. 

They better have good German specialty items since they are a German Company.

In fact next week is German Week.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest wrote:

Gee!  I enjoy OP's posts!  She writes about many interesting & fun things. I too have a close relationship with my DD.  Whenever I come across her posts I check them out.  One good thing about these forums is you don't have to read every topic, only ones that interest you.

@Retired Legal Secretary, Keep 'em coming!

Super Contributor

@MOMMAVik wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

Gee!  I enjoy OP's posts!  She writes about many interesting & fun things. I too have a close relationship with my DD.  Whenever I come across her posts I check them out.  One good thing about these forums is you don't have to read every topic, only ones that interest you.

@Retired Legal Secretary, Keep 'em coming!

Yes I agree, keep them coming.

Frequent Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

An Aldis opened near us not long ago. Neither of us had been in it.

DD came home tonite with a bag of breaded chicken breasts and a package of seeded Brioche rolls.

Announced she got them at Aldis because she saw a chicken sandwich online and Aldis items was used.

Oh heaven, she did the breasts in the Ninja, toasted the rolls, a little mayo and dill pickle slices. It  was, hands down, the best chicken sandwich I have ever had.

Well, you made me buy some! 🤣  Haven't tried them yet, they just arrived today.  And the brioche buns to go with them.  

We used to like shopping Aldi first thing when they opened.  There is some good produce and a few other good items, and no music (yay! Because I can't think when music's blaring).  But the store is too small to feel comfortable going in now.  The shopping service delivers for us.  

Frequent Contributor

Update: We prepped and ate the chicken sandwiches (mayo and pickle always on hand, they're like food groups here).  

Very good so thanks to @Retired Legal Secretary and her DD.

I also think these would be good on a toasted kaiser or club roll with a little red saice and lots of cheese....chicken parm sams.