Honored Contributor

Re: DD Didn't Realize It's Super Bowl Weekend.

So much hoopla. I have to grocery shop tomorrow because some great coupons are expiring. I'm sure the bakery, deli and chip aisles will be full of SB shoppers.

Esteemed Contributor

I forgot it was Superbowl Sunday. NFL is a meh for me. Couldn't tell ya who is playing. Sure to be a few good movies on as an alternative.

I placed a Target pickup order. Not heading out to Big Box anything this weekend.

Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom  I tune out anything sports related. It's easy.  If it doesn't interest me I ignore it. 

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

I'm stunned someone doesn't know it's Super Bowl Weekend.

That means they had no access to...

-television

-internet

-newspapers

-magazines 

-billboards

-marketing in every retail store & grocery stores in past weeks

???  How is that possible? 

@sidsmom  Actually I haven’t seen much on the SB. So I guess it is possible. So many other things in the news. Haven’t been in a store in awhile except for milk in 7-11. Don’t watch any commercials.

Of course I know it’s on as I follow football, but if I didn’t, I probably wouldn’t know either. 

Oh and I saw it on Martha’s Instagram.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

-television

-internet

-newspapers

-magazines 

-billboards

@sidsmom  Actually I haven’t seen much on the SB. So I guess it is possible. So many other things in the news. Haven’t been in a store in awhile except for milk in 7-11. Don’t watch any commercials.

Of course I know it’s on as I follow football, but if I didn’t, I probably wouldn’t know either. 

Oh and I saw it on Martha’s Instagram.

I think there was a bit less coverage this time because of all the Kobe Bryant news.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I agree the SB isn't as 'electrifying' this year due the accident last week,

but the annual Super Bowl transcends 'sports'.

You don't have to be a sportsy-sport person to realize the

largest annual marketed event in America is happening. 

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

-television

-internet

-newspapers

-magazines 

-billboards

it is pretty hard to imagine.....even if you DONT follow football.

it is an unofficial official holiday......or three day weekend. Smiley Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I live in Florida. I vow when I am retired that I will only grocery shop weekdays during the day. Not at night or on weekends when working people like myself right now...have to shop. I resent retirees crowding the stores at  times when they don't have to.They have anytime. I do not.

With that said, if I shop during a holiday prep time...That is my own fault

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45  I don't view the super bowl weekend as an unofficial holiday.  Maybe sports fans do but not everyone does. I doubt I'm the only person on the world who doesn't know the exact day the super bowl is.

DH watched it for years but the last couple years he was alive even he stopped caring about it.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@sunshine45  I don't view the super bowl weekend as an unofficial holiday.  Maybe sports fans do but not everyone does. I doubt I'm the only person on the world who doesn't know the exact day the super bowl is.

DH watched it for years but the last couple years he was alive even he stopped caring about it.

@CrazyKittyLvr2.....it is always the first sunday in february.

it isnt that you HAVE to be interested in it, it is all the advertising on all forms of social media, newspapers, tv, radio, grocery stores, local establishments.......even every single pizza place around here are doing so much advertising to go along with the superbowl. it is quite difficult to miss it all. even people who are not into football at all are usually out partying or at a superbowl party, or having a superbowl party. it is a BIG event here in the USA.......and even outside of the USA.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein