Super Contributor

Re: DAVID AND THE LOBSTER LADY

Yes, I get it.  He doesn't like Lobster.  I do not like it either.

But then why sell the product in Davids show??  I think it is very noticible, since he tries everything, it looks funny when he doesnt taste it.

Does he say anything to the woman presenting?

Honored Contributor

@qvc chick wrote:

Yes, I get it.  He doesn't like Lobster.  I do not like it either.

But then why sell the product in Davids show??  I think it is very noticible, since he tries everything, it looks funny when he doesnt taste it.

Does he say anything to the woman presenting?

@qvc chick.  I’ve seen him not taste a few things in the past. I don’t think it’s a big deal. Who cares if he tastes or not. He will never say it’s terrible.

Regular Contributor

I didn't notice, but I did notice there was one product he tried and clearly wasn't sure he liked, the poor lady was waiting for a happy dance and didn't get one. But David is so talented he smoothed it over by saying something funny. 

Honored Contributor

@greamy wrote:

Don’t know why he did not taste the lobster, but many people from the South do not like seafood?

@greamy.  They sure love their catfish and shrimp!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@greamy   where did you get the idea that people from the South don't like seafood?  I'm from the South and almost everyone I know loves seafood.  There are some that are allergic, of course.

Frequent Contributor

I'm from Ohio originally and I've never liked fish; especially lobster and shrimp.  There are others I don't care for either.  I may try one here-n-there but not very often.   I will however eat the frozen salmon meal I get from Egg Harbor.  I hadn't had this in a while and just received my order the other day. 

I'm sure David has food he doesn't like and if he tastes something and finds he doesn't like it; he's a professional and will find some way to smooth things over.  :-)

Valued Contributor

Good idea about the books!

David - Are you listening?

Respected Contributor

@qvc chick wrote:

Question. something bothering me.  We all know David tastes every food item that is presented, and usually does the happy dance!

Was watching yesterday, with the lady selling lobsters, and he never tasted the food!  Not that I saw, anyway.  HE Tastes everything!

Anyone notice this?  It was very noticable!

I think I recall way back when they sold those popular crab cakes years ago that he was allergic to crab and lobster. Not positive. I know he can eat shrimp.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Iris in bloom wrote:

I didn't notice, but I did notice there was one product he tried and clearly wasn't sure he liked, the poor lady was waiting for a happy dance and didn't get one. But David is so talented he smoothed it over by saying something funny. 

I don't think this is such an amateur production.

Just because a food is being introduced to us doesn't mean it's new to the host.

I doubt they'd send their top seller out there to sell a new product (or an old favorite) without show prep time that includes:

food samples

product info

orientation time with the vendor.

Are you thinking happy dance is spontaneous?

I think it's a performance tool that relates to the producer's updates regarding the pre-set sales goals for that item.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@qvc chickMaybe he's allergic to lobster meat.  Maybe he's allergic to lobster meat sold by female product reps.  Maybe you've got too much time on your hands from watching cooking shows with David Venable and keeping track of what he eats or doesn't eat.