Respected Contributor

Cutlery marks on my new Pfaltzgraff dinnerware.

A little disappointed with my brand new Pfaltzgraff Plymouth dinnerware. I used them for the first time last night for Thanksgiving dinner. When I went to clean up last night I noticed some gray cutlery marks all over my plates. Googling today, I have found a few suggestions on how to get rid of them.....it seems it's a common problem with white/light colored stoneware. I bought Bar Keepers Friend and it has helped a little, but they're not completely gone. Other suggestions include ZUD cleanser, which I can't find locally, and the cleaner that Pfaltzgraff sells online. Any thoughts here on this problem? I also have a lot of those gray marks on my Corelle dishes that I use daily. I need to work on them, too.

Thanks for any thoughts.

pup

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cutlery marks on my new Pfaltzgraff dinnerware.

Bar Keeper's Friend will get rid of the marks with a lot of elbow grease.

That's the best one I used for my Noritake dinnerware.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

Bon Ami is what I often use, and the best thing I've found is sold on Q, called Bio Cleaner.

This stuff doesn't scratch, but cleans of scuff marks better than anything I've found.

HonnyBrown is right as well, about the elbow grease.

And your Corelle, the Bio Cleaner will clean them up some too, but I've found that after some time, those marks are there to stay. My Corelle is over 30 years old, and some of those marks are permanent after that long.

Super Contributor

I have purchased and use the Pfaltzgraff cleaner on my Yorktowne pattern. It does a good job.
Honored Contributor

I use Wright's Copper Cream on my white Fiestaware. Fiestaware recommends it for cutlery marks. It works perfectly.

I bought it off of Amazon instead of driving all over town trying to find it in a store.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

I use bar keepers friend and the blue Scotch brite pads.on my corelle also. I don't think you can avoid that on any kind of dishes. Some dishes it shows more than others. White coffee cups are the worst if anyone uses sugar.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Super Contributor

The cleaner that Pfaltzgraff sells will absolutely take the marks away. I use it on my Pfaltzgraff dishes all the time...love that stuff! It is one product that does what it says it will do.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Even if you figure out how to remove the marks, it's a major fail for dishes to leave marks where cutlery was used. I'd say something to Pfaltzgraff.

Contributor

I have the old Yorktowne pattern for many years now and I also found Bar Keepers Friend does an excellent job. You can find it with kitchen cleansers in your supermarket.

Respected Contributor

Thank you all for your kind replies. It's always interesting to hear what works for other people.

I think I will order a bottle of the Pfaltzgraff cleaner as they have 30% off their items right now. At least I will get it for a cheaper then normal price. And I have used that ZUD cleanser in the past and it was really good...it's just kinda hard to find. In my previous home, I would get these weird stains on my white kitchen sink. ZUD was the only product that would get them out.

Thanks again!

pup