Honored Contributor

Cushmans Honeybells

[ Edited ]

Edited:  Guess the reviews are NOT accurate based on the replies!  Enjoy everyone!!!   

Although, I didn't hear any mention Harry & David owns them but then again, I think there are many brands when you buy direct fall under the same company, ie, Cheryl's Cookies for one.

I bought honeybells at a local farm stand and they certainly weren't as tasty as the ones I bought a few weeks after Christmas.

Honored Contributor

Well I bought and were delivered 2 of the big boxes of oranges when they were on recently.

I give a lot of stuff like this to family and friends like at the bank, at the pharmacy, neighbors, etc who help me.

Everyone loved them.  I've had a few of them and found them wonderful.

I thought the guy last time kept saying they were definitely from Florida.  he kept saying that.

I heard him say this time they were from California.

I texted my daughter if they were OK because she never wants me to buy those little oranges you get at the store in the bags because they are watered by water from the oil rigs or something like that.  

She keeps up with that stuff.  She said Cushman's seem to be OK, in fact I sent her and my other daughter boxes of them and they also loved them.

Trusted Contributor

@homedecor1 Just noticed this updated description for the honeybells:

Adjust Text Size:
Description
It's the sweetest season for snacking!Available for only a few weeks each year, Cushman's California HoneyBell Smacks--a citrusy cross between a tangerine and grapefruit--are known for their legendary sweetness and abundance of juice. Don't miss out on the deliciousness! From Cushman's by Harry & David.

• Includes approximately 18 to 24 HoneyBell Smacks
  • Net weight 7 lbs
  • Ships second day
  • Honeybells arrive in Harry & David box
  • Cannot ship to PR, VI, HI, AK, Guam
Esteemed Contributor

I'm enjoying my first box so much - just ordered a second shipment.  Nice change from apples and bananas.  Read some comments about being fussed up about the Harry & David logo..........what's the big deal I say.  H&D has probably bought out many smaller companies and have the facility to clean and box produce and shipping ability already baked in.   Enjoying mine

Honored Contributor

My friend I gave some to just texted me he just at another one and it was wonderful.

He and I joke about how many seeds are in them.

Another friend I gave some to last year made a big deal out of the fact that she found 2 freaking seeds in the oranges.  Two seeds.  

She's known as Debbie Downer, but I like her.  She does see the down side of life though.

So my other friend and I joke about seeds in these oranges.

I'm debating on getting another box but I'm a little worried.  I thought those other ones came from Florida.

I know zip about what my daughter was talking about but this is my kid who is for real, always right about everything.

That's the way my late husband was.  He was for real always right.  That's where she gets it from.  That's why I listen to her.

These last one's he said comes from California.

I don't know the difference, but...........

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

Doesn't seem like you're influenced by your daughter or what others say...that's a good thing!!! 

For the record, mine came from my local farm stand in Tampa, FL and yup they had lots of seeds!🙂

Honored Contributor
Spoiler

The batch a couple weeks ago were from Florida.  That crop is done for the year.  The ones sold today are from California.  They are smaller than the Florida crop.  

The reviews can be deceiving.  A lot of people leave reviews when they are dissatisfied.  The forum and Facebook comments give better representation of the product.  At least I think so.  LOL

Honored Contributor

I've had the Cushman ones and some from other groves in Florida over the years, and honestly the Cushmans aren't any better than other brands we ordered. They were all good. 

I look for the best deal among several places we have tried.