Honored Contributor

For years I always ordered my honeybells from Hale Groves and they were always, always delicious! Two years ago I began to have problems with their quality. And last year their honeybells were absolutely horrible. They ended up replacing all that I ordered and even the second batch was just as horrible. Oh well, I'll just buy my oranges from the grocery store this year. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Today, at a produce market here in Pennsylvania, I saw Minneola Tangelos for $1.99 / pound.  They looked good though I didn't buy any.  This compares quite favorably to Q's sale price for Cushman's Honeybells, $34 + SH for 7.5 pounds, or $4.53 / pound + SH.

Respected Contributor

They aren't oranges. Tangelos are a hybrid of tangerines and grapefruit. They are very juicy. Our supermarkets carry them for under $2 lb. My very favorite citrus.

Honored Contributor

Wish  I had a glass LOL

Honored Contributor

I ordered them once and thought they were very good.  They were too expensive and too messy to order again though.  I had to stand over the sink to eat them.  I heard Sharon say that's what she does, too, in the last cooking show she was on.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau