Regular Contributor

Are these really as good as they look?

I LOVE oranges and I have wanted to get these for several years but always had too much to pay off from Christmas to order them so soon afterwards.

Well I took the plunge and ordered them for the week of the 16th as a birthday gift for myself and I am hoping they are as good as they look.

Can others who have had them previously tell me about how you like them. They are more expensive than I would normally buy but they just look SO GOOD.

Thanks!

Respected Contributor

I haven't ordered them every year but the few times I did mine were very good and juicy.  I hope yours are the same!

Honored Contributor

The reviews say they are hit-or-miss.  Supermarkets around here usually carry Minneola Tangelos so I'd buy them instead of Cushman's.  The cost is much less and, if they're a "miss," I'm not out a lot of money.

Esteemed Contributor

@JB116 I won't deny they are good, but the price IMO was just too high to justify the purchase for my family and I.

Honored Contributor

I got them a couple of times, a number of years ago, and back then they were always good.  I can't speak to how they are now, though.

I love winter citrus, but have to watch how much acidic food I consume, so I stopped getting them.   It was a LOT of fruit for me to eat alone!

Honored Contributor

Hard to find a good orange any more. Either all rind or dryed up. LOL

Honored Contributor

Theyre good but figure the cost per orange.   They're not that good! 

@SharkE  We,  in the Great Outback,  get the world's worse produce.   Did you get snow?  We got about 1 1/2" and 10° this morning. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Yep, we got 4 inches. Bought back memories of Indiana for me LOL

Thurs. is my grocery day and after they announced it was coming I took off to avoid the crush at the walmart and United. I managed to get home before the deluge hit the shelves. Stocked up on extra milk, bread and since Sat. is my baking day I got doz. of eggs even though I still had 7.

I see French bread in my future. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I buy them directly from another retailer selling the same product.  Not sure if I  can say the exact name here.  But if anyone has a family member named Harry or David you know what I am talking about.  

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

I buy them directly from another retailer selling the same product.  Not sure if I  can say the exact name here.  But if anyone has a family member named Harry or David you know what I am talking about.  

@bonnielu   You can say names,  just don't post links or coupon codes

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment