Honored Contributor

Re: Curtis stone fans...great TS value HSN

@luvmybeetle wrote:

I love this set but I also have tons of his stuff.  The only thing that bothers me with the handles is you can't hold the pan with one hand.  You would have to hold with both hands.  But, these would save lots of room in my cupboards.  

@luvmybeetle 

Thank you for pointing out handles.  I am watching his demo and finding now maybe the side handles vs. long handle maybe a "drawback".  Looks like you do need 2 hands to "handle".

I may rethink it even though stacks great!!!

homedecor🙂

Honored Contributor

Just a heads up:

I wanted those to know who don't have his cookware -- the handles are SS and they get HOT!!!

So definitely you'll need either pot holder OR the silicone handle covers he's selling.

This is the first time he has mentioned the handles do get hot.  Maybe, someone told him to disclose this!!!

The"long" handles do not get hot (at least I have not experienced this).

And his little saucepot (3rd burner style) is my go to everyday pot.

Honored Contributor

As much as I like his cookware I already have perfectly good hard anodized.  Plus, I decided awhile back that I wasn't going to do full sets anymore, but instead only  replace what I need or add items I don't have.  Last thing I need is ANOTHER stock pot.  The only time I use a stock pot is to cook pasta.  I do like the double handle fry pans though.  Don't think anybody cares that my cookware doesn't match.

Respected Contributor

Love his cookware but have enough for my needs right now. When those double handle pans are cooked on a burner smaller then the pan circumference, handles get very hot vi ordered his bacon wrapped shrimp, his TS salmon comes to me this week. One of the customer reviews talked about cutting up a left over bacon wrapped shrimp in a fried rice, sounds yummy! If I had more freezer space would order the scallops too! Get ideas watching him cook!
Respected Contributor

EDIT of Above: Should have said burner larger then pan circumference handles get hot. Sorry for double posting.
Honored Contributor

I have his cookware and love it.  I just use my regular pot holders--didn't buy anything special to handle the cookware.  Wish more of  his items came in  white to match my other pieces.

Honored Contributor

he's on right now and again at 1:00 central time

Valued Contributor

Like others, I am tempted but truly don;t need them now., Over the last year, I've bought an enamled cast iron set, various pots and pans of every shape and design based on their individual uses. If I didn't already have these, I would have gotten the CS set last night. Grrr.....lol oh the temptation.

Respected Contributor

@sueinsfI thought the same thing about the handle covers and they're not cheap.  Checked AMZ and while they aren't Curtis Stone brand, they have many to choose from and are less expensive.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was tempted to write a Disappointed in Curtis Stone TSV.  But I hate reading these from others, so I'll confine my comment to this thread. I dislike those double handles except on large pots.   You need two hands to dish them out, in fact you can't.  I like to lift a skillet and transfer a portion of food to a plate with a spatula.  And you have to have silicone handles to boot.  I can see misplacing those at crucial moment.  

And one more thought, when is QVC going to expose this excellent line to those customers who do not order from HSN?