Respected Contributor

Re: Curtis Stone pots and pans or Copper Chef?

@cajun3mama wrote:

There is no comparison. The copper chef started sticking soon after I got it. What a waste of money. I replaced everything with Curtis Stone. I wish he would do an air fryer and a pressure cooker and a rice cooker. You would not believe the way they cook and the easiest clean up. I have been cooking (and cleaning) for almost 60 years and I have cooked with everything out there. 

I'm am (not) patiently waiting for his bakeware too.. 

One of my sones had come down for a visit the last time CS was on HSN. He watched CS cooking and was so impressed that he ordered some. 

The very next week, his wife called and said," I don't know what you said said or did to him, but thank you. "

He has been having dinner ready when she gets home and making her breakfast on the weekends and serving her in bed. 

FYI, right now there's a three-piece set of his bakeware pans on HSN. It's not the big baking sheets, but if you need smaller pans, you might want to check it out. 

Respected Contributor

P.S. I've never used Copper Chef, but am an enthusiastic and happy Curtis Stone customer. I threw out my old awful Greenpans even before my CS set arrived, and will toss more as I clean out cupboards.

It appears Curtis will have HSN's TS on September 2. I don't know what the TS will be and what else they'll be featuring, but the prices on other Curtis Stone items dropped when he had his last TS, for the deeper multi-purpose pan. You might want to wait until then to buy.

Respected Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

P.S. I've never used Copper Chef, but am an enthusiastic and happy Curtis Stone customer. I threw out my old awful Greenpans even before my CS set arrived, and will toss more as I clean out cupboards.

It appears Curtis will have HSN's TS on September 2. I don't know what the TS will be and what else they'll be featuring, but the prices on other Curtis Stone items dropped when he had his last TS, for the deeper multi-purpose pan. You might want to wait until then to buy.

During his last visit, they talked about the baking pans and how much everyone loves them.  They sold out and a caller was upset, but the host said to be sure and tune in for his September visit for new baking pans.  I'm not sure if they will be the TS or not, but I plan to get more.

Respected Contributor

I have bought Curtis on open stock-it's just as non-stick now as it was three years ago.

The Copper Chef I've had-different story. Two out of three pans are doing well, but the first one warped and lost its non-stick coating within a couple of weeks-that bothers me and would prevent me from buying a set.

There are many Curtis Stone lovers here: I would buy a complete set from him in a heartbeat.

I need a new set, but I'm pretty sure once the Thanksgiving shows start, he'll probably have a special.

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

I only have the CC and maybe been an owner for a month. I really like it , but I am the only cook and there does seem to be a lot of things to be careful with it. -- no metal utensils , no EVOO only refined , don't use in toaster oven. I first purchase an 8 " skillet at Walmart to see if I liked it , then purchased the set on the Q that was a good bargain . I mainly wanted the 9.5" deep pan for it's size -- deep but not huge. I personally love them and they work on my induction burner. The clean up is a breeze and so far look brand new.

That being said  I do not believe any of CS's pans have anything less than a 5 star rating -- pretty unsusual for any product let alone cookware. I want to try them if there are any sales. Metal utensils can be used on them as I understand, which may be an extra if there are other cooks in the  household.

Respected Contributor

...maybe I have "false memory syndrome", but when I bought mine, Eric demonstrated metal utensils....heat no problem-but obviously it is....As I said, 2/3 pans have survived-but all three were used as "The Final Frontier of Non-stick that you can saute, fry, broil and boil, bake...etc.

Just on the basis of what happened to my first pan, I'm a little Leary.

Poodlepet2