Respected Contributor

Re: Curtis Stone on HSN with TS

I've had his cookware for a couple of years and I am very pleased with them.  The nonstick is great!

Honored Contributor

After I posted here this morning, I remembered I bought that small frying pan he had on his last visit.  I can't find it.  I'm sure it's around here somewhere.

I live alone and seldom cook (I mean I really don't cook anymore) but often on Sunday's (like this morning) I will make myself some eggs and toast.  

I have one small frying pan I use and it's amazing, but with me, 'if one is good...two is better...and . . well, three works best!  Ha!  THAT's why I can't ever find anything...ugh!

One thing I like about HSN is some (not all but a few) of the Hosts let the Vendor talk.  I especially found that true when I watched Curtis this time. 

Sometimes on QVC, especially, the Hosts talk and talk and I find myself wondering why they bother having a Vendor on there at all.

I'm watching David now (Sunday) and that's the good thing about David.  He let's the Vendor's talk.  He knows when to intercede and when to keep quiet.

I think that's a virtue that's true on all of TV today....everyone doesn't know when to be quiet...just be quiet sometimes.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  I totally understand what you mean about "if one is good, two is better."  Last visit from Curtis I bought the 8" fry pan even though I had another 8" from  a previous set.  The single items aren't available very often.  I only cook for myself so I thought I could use two at times.  However, now I use my air fryer so much  I don't use all my other cookware as often as I did.  I love the clean-up of the DuraPans from Curtis. I have small counter space, but have to leave my air fryer, Keurig, KA stand mixer, toaster and bread maker out.  I use  all those items a lot.  Maybe the KA not as much, but I have no cabinet space for it, plus I couldn't lift it out of a cabinet.   Glad you are having nice weather.  Heavy rain here good part of the day--in CA.    

Honored Contributor

@Daysdee   We are sistas' from another mother!  Ha!  

About the weather in California.  I've said before that I listen to Satellite radio (XM) in my car.  My favorite show is Michael Yo's at 2:00PM (eastern).  He has commented (and his side-kicks) have talked about all of the rain that's been in California all this past week.

They even laughed and said (paraphrasing), "I know everyone in other parts of the US are going...'OK so you Californians boo hooing about a little rain......'.  Ha!

It seems like we here in Northern Va went through days and days of rain.  Today it's been sunny all day (humid) but sunny.  

I love it when it's bright and sunny.  I don't mind heat but if you want to see a genuine crazy person, put me in high humidity.  I go bonkers.  

There is a difference between hot and humid.  I am convinced I live on a rock (that draws lightning) (my house or trees have been hit 4 times) and some kind of sauna...I have to keep turning down the air conditioning because it draws out the humidity.  I also keep a dehumidifier running constantly (have to empty it 4 or 5 times a day in the summer).

It is terrible!

Trusted Contributor

I enjoy him too.  Not as much as I did - he never stops selling.  Walking to the oven - "now I'm using these potholders which are available" "taking out this casserole dish now available" and "placing it on this wonderful trivit" - "see this chopping thing for the hamburger - that's available" "the hamburger too will be available next month" ...  It's nonstop every hour.  Sorry to be a sourpuss.

Respected Contributor

@aggravated wrote:

I enjoy him too.  Not as much as I did - he never stops selling.  Walking to the oven - "now I'm using these potholders which are available" "taking out this casserole dish now available" and "placing it on this wonderful trivit" - "see this chopping thing for the hamburger - that's available" "the hamburger too will be available next month" ...  It's nonstop every hour.  Sorry to be a sourpuss.

But......that's why he's there. 

Honored Contributor

@nomless wrote:

@aggravated wrote:

@nomless wrote:

@aggravated wrote:

@nomless wrote:

@aggravated wrote:

At least we see him do a lot of cooking!  His demos are great.  Wonderful product line.