Trusted Contributor

Curtis Stone burgers shipped as Rastelli’s by UPS?

Hmmmmmm. I just received the HSN Curtis Stone burgers, but UPS identified them as coming from Rastelli's! The packaging slip was from HSN and identified them as "Aussie" burgers which they are supposed to be, but I found this kind of strange, especially since Rastelli's had a TSV within a few days of the Curtis Stone HSN Today's Special. They are both made of the same combination of meats, which makes it quite coincidental, and of course they are sister networks and often carry the same products now. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I don't see the Rastelli's name anywhere, unless the barcode is hiding the truth!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Curtis Stone burgers shipped as Rastelli’s by UPS?

That would NOT make me happy at all and I would question it for sure.  @lizzief   

Respected Contributor

Like almost every celebrity product, Curtis Stone does not have a farm, meat processor, or any direct link to the product itself other than his name.

He contracts with meat processors, they put his name on it and that's what you get.

No one knows unless you call the Company and ask that very question and see if they answer it.    Last night Curtis was a guest on Ramsey's show and Gordon introduced Curtis something like the meat king, Im sure someone who saw the show remembered how he introduced him.

Esteemed Contributor

@lizzief - Rastelli's has partnerships with dozens of companies and restaurants in the United States and in many other countries to handle their meat preparation, supply chain, and shipping needs. Curtis Stone is among that group. (And Rastelli's even teamed up with a plant-based protein company fairly recently, so I wouldn't be surprised if we see an even wider range of products coming to the market from them soon.) These types of arrangements are beneficial for the vendor, Rastelli's, and the customer because they allow for savings in time, effort, and costs. But that doesn't mean any of the final products are cheap...  Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

Someone on the HSN Community Chat noted the same thing and someone else replied that the only thing Rastelli’s does for the Curtis Stone products is to pack, freeze and ship the products.  It makes sense to me. 

Trusted Contributor

I looked at the HSN community chat that you mentioned, and it looks like everything people are saying is correct. And if Rastelli's is packing and shipping, then how do you know what you are actually getting? And if this is happening with burgers, what other food products does this happen with? Fish? Chicken? Even desserts? How many other products are sold under different brand names but are essentially the same thing? Sounds like a story for an investigative reporter, but in the meantime, I'm definitely soured on ordering food products from QVC or HSN! 

Respected Contributor

@lizzief 

Count your blessings! I bought his in 2018 and they were horrible, fatty and grizzly. I never had Rastelli burgers, but I have had their steaks and they were good.That being said; over the holidays I ordered the Rastelli Beef Wellington and guess what? They were shipped from Kansas City steaks. They sucked! Maybe their all coming together because of the shortage? Who knows? I a hope they taste good and are enjoyable. Keep us posted.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Rastelli sells the same on QVC therefore CS must use them too.

Interesting thing, I placed a order with the Philosphy website during a good sale.  The money was processed as Philosphy but the shipping info stated ULTA.  Hmmm is Philosphy a company of ULTA?

This is why I think CS may use Rastelli.  I personally don't know what's so special about these meats (I've been to their store when I lived in the area in NJ) a good butcher or good grocery store w/butcher have the same quality at 1/3rd the price.

Esteemed Contributor

@lizzief - I think you are misunderstanding this situation. Rastelli's may handle the packaging and shipping, but if they are partnering with another company, what they're sending out is that company's products, not their own. So the ship-from name may be listed as Rastelli's in tracking details if the box came from their facility, but the package you receive will contain the product you ordered from the company you ordered from. You're not ordering Curtis Stone's burgers and getting Rastelli's burgers instead.

Frequent Contributor

I have bought Rasetlli burgers in my local supermarket...6 for $10

Nothing to rave about..  Just bought the TGIF ones and 6 for $8

and delicious..both are frozen and the TGIF don't shrink and very

tasty.they are preseasoned..They both are thick burgers also..

for my money will stick with TGIF..Never had Curtis Stone, now

makes me wonder..who's burgers did you get??  Who knows!