Honored Contributor

@Infinite Mom 47 wrote:

@SharkE,  having second thought about the multi cooker.  Read the specs on it.  It serves just 1 or 2 servings. 

yeah, I thought that too.

Watch the show maybe will help U decide

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@Infinite Mom 47 wrote:

@SharkE,  having second thought about the multi cooker.  Read the specs on it.  It serves just 1 or 2 servings. 

yeah, I thought that too.

Watch the show maybe will help U decide

@SharkE @Infinite Mom 47 Was it Wolfgang or Emeril that used to have that little rice cooker on HSN that many of us were so crazy about?  We used that thing all the time when we worked. 

Honored Contributor

Wolfgang, I got it in red. LOL  It's setting in my cabinet. Boiled over couple of times I added to much milk to the mac and cheese I think.

I"m crazy as ****house rat. I GOT to have something then I'm on to something else. LOL

Honored Contributor

I have been thinking about a Foodi grill.  We have an old Jenn Aire, but lately my husband has been noticing the grease smell it emits and the downdraft fan is almost worthless.  We have an asthmatic cat and I was thinking the Foodi might not smoke the way the Jenn Aire does.  But now, Ninja is coming out with a Foodi XL.  I just haven't been able to find out yet if the XL will be multi-purpose like the regular grill is or not.  I would be interested in the extra capacity, but I really liked the idea of having a 2nd air fryer option.  Probably what they will do is come out with it as just a grill and then later versions they'll add other options.  

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

T-bones LOL  on sale this week.

@SharkE  Oh, yeah! We just got home with some T-bones for $4.97#. If we get them custom cut they always look like Porterhouses.

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

I have been thinking about a Foodi grill.  We have an old Jenn Aire, but lately my husband has been noticing the grease smell it emits and the downdraft fan is almost worthless.  We have an asthmatic cat and I was thinking the Foodi might not smoke the way the Jenn Aire does.  But now, Ninja is coming out with a Foodi XL.  I just haven't been able to find out yet if the XL will be multi-purpose like the regular grill is or not.  I would be interested in the extra capacity, but I really liked the idea of having a 2nd air fryer option.  Probably what they will do is come out with it as just a grill and then later versions they'll add other options.  

@Icegoddess  I have the Foodi grill I got last year and I use it ALL the time, especially the grill function. I grill steaks at 500 degrees and it does not smoke. However, it depends on how much you want to grill at one time. For boneless chicken breasts, pork chops and steak like strip steaks you can put in 3 or 4. But you can only do one good size T-bone, which is what we like anyway. I wonder if the XL will have more square inches for grilling. Warning - the XL for sure will be heavier and take up more counter space.

Honored Contributor

Power XL is the best, so easy to clean it's a dream compared to that **** expensive Phillips I got paid over 200 for that 'thing' and it liked to have killed me.

I went to Sam's and for right at 99 got the XL and that's all I'll ever have

as long as they make them.

Love it !

Honored Contributor

@froggy wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Icegoddess  I have the Foodi grill I got last year and I use it ALL the time, especially the grill function. I grill steaks at 500 degrees and it does not smoke. However, it depends on how much you want to grill at one time. For boneless chicken breasts, pork chops and steak like strip steaks you can put in 3 or 4. But you can only do one good size T-bone, which is what we like anyway. I wonder if the XL will have more square inches for grilling. Warning - the XL for sure will be heavier and take up more counter space.

@froggy, the XL is definitely bigger.  I think you can see it at the Ninja website where they have about 6 different items coming on the market soon.  I generally only cook 2 strip steaks at a time since it's just the 2 of us. I was just thinking the extra space would be nice if I wanted to add in some veggies.  I would check the measurements, but I was thinking I would just sit it on top of the Jenn-Aire Grill Grates since I wouldn't be using them.  I could also get a wooden cutting board to put underneath it just in case.  

I don't remember what all the other items were Ninja was bringing but there is a double air fryer so you could cook two different items at the same time at different temps and another blender.

Respected Contributor

@froggy, the XL is definitely bigger.  I think you can see it at the Ninja website where they have about 6 different items coming on the market soon.  I generally only cook 2 strip steaks at a time since it's just the 2 of us. I was just thinking the extra space would be nice if I wanted to add in some veggies.  I would check the measurements, but I was thinking I would just sit it on top of the Jenn-Aire Grill Grates since I wouldn't be using them.  I could also get a wooden cutting board to put underneath it just in case.  

I don't remember what all the other items were Ninja was bringing but there is a double air fryer so you could cook two different items at the same time at different temps and another blender.

@Icegoddess  This is just a thought, but....would you really want to grill your veggies at the same high temp as the meat? I would think you'd have to take them out before the meat is done and they would get cold.

Honored Contributor

@froggy wrote:

@Icegoddess  This is just a thought, but....would you really want to grill your veggies at the same high temp as the meat? I would think you'd have to take them out before the meat is done and they would get cold.

@froggy, I geneally sear my meat and then turn the heat down.  Otherwise it gets too done on the outside and too rare on the inside (at least for my husband).  So, I would put the veggies in after I turn it down.  It might now work, not sure.   With the Jenn-Aire, I just saute the veggies becasue they might fall through the grates.