Respected Contributor

I ordered a TS from HSN that was supposed to be Curtis Stone's Ebi shrimp.  He states that it's his source.  Well, I just received an email from UPS stating that my order from HSN is going to be delivered and it's from Rastelli.  That's his source?  I already have Rastelli's shrimp in my freezer.  As much as I love his cookware I probably won't trust him again.

Respected Contributor

Re: Curtis Stone Shrimp

[ Edited ]

From what I understand. ebi is the preparation style of the shrimp, not the origin.

But I agree with you that he should have acknowledged the supplier.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

@luvmybeetle  I'm not surprised. 

Honored Contributor

Rastelli's shrimp come from the Gulf of Mexico I believe.

Esteemed Contributor

So much for transparency.

Trusted Contributor

@luvmybeetle   The salmon is Rastelli's too.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Curtis Stone Shrimp

[ Edited ]

@luvmybeetle  Definition: Ebi is a style of preparing shrimp that is typically used to make shrimp nigiri (ebi nigiri).

The product description clearly states "farm raised".

Sorry, but I honestly do not understand the problem. If it tastes good what does it matter whether you thought he manufactured the shrimp at Rastelli's or another farm? I just don't get the distrust. For me it's no big deal. 

Respected Contributor

@cjm61 wrote:

@luvmybeetle  Definition: Ebi is a style of preparing shrimp that is typically used to make shrimp nigiri (ebi nigiri).

The product description clearly states "farm raised".

Sorry, but I honestly do not understand the problem. If it tastes good what does it matter whether you thought he manufactured the shrimp at Rastelli's or another farm? I just don't get the distrust. For me it's no big deal. 

Because he isn't honest about where he actually gets his shrimp. If he says he has his own shrimp monger then why is it coming from Rastelli's?  And I understand what Ebi shrimp is.  At least QVC brings Rastelli on and tells us the shrimp come from Rastelli's.

Respected Contributor

@nada54 wrote:

@luvmybeetle   The salmon is Rastelli's too.

And it costs more than QVC.

Honored Contributor

Since you already have Rastelli I would return it.

Guess if they are selling it on QVC they will be selling it under a different name on HSN.