Honored Contributor

Re: Curtis Stone - Hsn this weekend

Is Joy involved with Curtis, like Todd English? (who's not there anymore)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@noodleann, could you list the other sites where Curtis's older merchandise may be available please?  Many thanks in advance!

eta:  I found the Durapan for $5 less on Amazon if anyone is interested but I can't seem to find the sheet pans anywhere.

Honored Contributor

I love his cookware and especially the huge multipurpose  Durapan!!! I use that thing ALL the time. I bought the steamer for it too and finally used that and OMG---such an wonderful thing. Cooked a whole meal in it--was fabulous!!! Would buy his set of cookware but don't need the skillets/ fry pans, just the saucepans.

Regular Contributor

Do any of the retail stores sell his products?
Honored Contributor

jjb--I haven't seen any in my travels. I'm sure Ebay and AMZ have some pieces and off, off type of online stores----the big pan I was talking about is on sale at H$SN---with free shipping and value pays---a really good deal to try it out and a long return by time too. 

Honored Contributor

@jjb wrote:
Do any of the retail stores sell his products?

@jjb I bought the large Durapot last night on Amazon for $5 less than HSN with free s/h and no sales tax.  Not sure if there are any left as two were sold while I was putting through my order but you may want to take a look as they have other pieces as well.

Trusted Contributor

I wish he had offered 9" square pans instead of 8" cake pans.

Maybe one of each or something. Or ONE sheet pan and add in  9" square.

I use a 9" square more often than anything. For brownies, small casseroles, etc.

The sheet pans look great, but I honestly do not think I need two. I would have preferred a different combination of bakeware. I don't even see that he makes a 9" square yet.

The big sheet pan would not work for brownies unless you make a double or triple batch. I don't need a huge batch of brownies. Even a larger batch of brownies would use a 9*13, These sheet pans are 17 x 12.5.

Yes, you can use the sheet pans for lots of cooking regular food, but the set is being offered as "bakeware", which I understand to be cookies, cakes, brownies.

It is still a great deal, but I still which the configuration was different.

I use his DuraPan every day pan almost every day. It is my go to pan for dinner every night.

I did see the sheet pan buckle last night as he was taking something out of the oven, so it looks like the bakeware may not be as study as his cookware. Guess it would depend on the wight of what you have in it. He had some sort of pasta/sauce dish in it, pretty heavy so maybe that is why it buckled.

Respected Contributor

@Mimi 1883  I once ordered  the sous vide stick from him and used it with good results as far as the food is concerned.  But my pots don't have straight sides so it was a bit difficult to clip the stick on.  I returned it.  But I watched it today and thought I might want to reorder together with getting one of those plastic containers with a lid from Amazon.  The steak I made was the best I ever had.

Respected Contributor

I would love to get that large pot with the steamer insert and lid.  It's 14".   But that is too large for me.  If he ever comes out with a 10" one, I would certainly get it.

Honored Contributor

I really want the cookware it's a good price yet I don't need all those frypans.  I just want the saucepans - I know I love his pans already!

I will end up selling most of the pieces at a yard sale -- like I have done with pieces in other cookware sets I didn't need.  I just have the room to keep storing excess & no one to share with.

IMO his product is superb.  I've yet to have anything chip, flake, peel OR stick even w/o using butter/oil.

Oh I better make my decision fast free shipping is really calling me...I have a real weakness for kitchen things🙄😮😉