Honored Contributor

Re: Curtis Stone - Hsn this weekend

@AlohaSun

@CLEM

@pinkmochi

Just an fyi, but I purchased that set of three CS pans when they were a TS and they are terrific.  I use them all quite often depending on what I am trying to accomplish.  The reason why I just purchased the Durapan is that it comes with a lid which I need sometimes . . . well at least that's what I'm telling myself anyway . . . have a great Thanksgiving ladies!

Honored Contributor

I have the set of 3 frypans and I can't tell you how many times I've used them with absolute perfect results!

Today, I sauted my celery & onions for my stuffing, wiped pan out and did a batch of sweet potatos (very sticky) they slid right out! Then I wiped pan out and made my gravy from leftover drippings I keep in freezer.

These pans are like work horses and I wish he'd just offer the saucepans because I don't need the whole set. Although, now I'm thinking I should have ordered it when it was a good price ($179 with lots of pieces).

I used my Gordon Ramsey large 6 qt. stock pot today I purchased from Q many years ago - oh my I love that pot and same quality I get from Curtis Stones things.  

Valued Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@AlohaSun

@CLEM

@pinkmochi

Just an fyi, but I purchased that set of three CS pans when they were a TS and they are terrific.  I use them all quite often depending on what I am trying to accomplish.  The reason why I just purchased the Durapan is that it comes with a lid which I need sometimes . . . well at least that's what I'm telling myself anyway . . . have a great Thanksgiving ladies!

@momtochloe  Happy Thanksgiving To You Too!  I think by Friday I just might get

that 3 piece fry pan set.  I just cooked some steak and onions for snack 

and Everything stuck to my Ming Tsai Pan!   Aaaargh.   In fact I'll

probably give away his entire cookware set!!!!   Aloha

Honored Contributor

Quick update but that DuraPan is the bomb!  Made two slices of french toast and two sausages this morning and am now heating up Thanksgiving leftovers.  I thought maybe it would be too big for me but the size is perfect and it cooks/cleans like a dream . . . Flipping food animated emoticon

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe

get ready you'll be hooked!!! I am ... I'm amazed my food still slides around the pan after all these months..and use them everyday!!!

Trusted Contributor

@CLEM wrote:

@Mimi 1883  I once ordered  the sous vide stick from him and used it with good results as far as the food is concerned.  But my pots don't have straight sides so it was a bit difficult to clip the stick on.  I returned it.  But I watched it today and thought I might want to reorder together with getting one of those plastic containers with a lid from Amazon.  The steak I made was the best I ever had.

@CLEM I went on Amazon and bought a 12-quart square, clear plastic container (kitchen section) and also purchased a bag of small plastic sous vide balls that float on top to prevent evaporation as opposed to fooling around with plastic wrap. Everything worked out great. This is my favorite appliance now!  Smiley Happy  Sorry I took so long to reply, but I’m not on here too often.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Respected Contributor

@Mimi 1883  I am glad you found something that works and that you like the sous vide.  I made a steak when I had mine and it was the best one I ever had.  At the time I ate only half and put the other half in the freezer for a sandwich at some point.  When I got it out to thaw, I tried a small slice, but it was so delicious that I ate the whole piece right there.  It never made it into a sandwich.

Happy cooking!

Trusted Contributor

@CLEM wrote:

@Mimi 1883  I am glad you found something that works and that you like the sous vide.  I made a steak when I had mine and it was the best one I ever had.  At the time I ate only half and put the other half in the freezer for a sandwich at some point.  When I got it out to thaw, I tried a small slice, but it was so delicious that I ate the whole piece right there.  It never made it into a sandwich.

Happy cooking!

@CLEM That’s funny. We sort of had the same situation with pork tenderloins we made in it. We found ourselves standing there carving and eating them they were that tender and delicious! 

F/N/A luvstogarden