Honored Contributor

Curtis Stone - HSN

[ Edited ]

I do love his products but geez is he going to bring anything NEW???  Seems like same things every time he's on.

I admit I just tossed my 10" frypanfrom his frypan set offered when he was first on HSN.

I bought the Wolfgang Puck TS set of 2 frypans in SS & nonstick -- wow what beautiful pans. They are certainly a big difference in weight!  

Trusted Contributor

I agree, I LOVE his cookware, but he does need new items.  I also think some of it is seriously over priced - excellent quality, but still over priced.  Some of the pricing I just can't figure out.  I purchase the sous vide - at the time the regular price was $99.  Now the price is $180 and he just introduced another sous vide that both cooks & chills, too - it is priced at $99.95 - so he has 2 sous vide machines.  If he brings back a popular item, he skips many of the colors (I buy white).  Now he is so focused on meat and I don't buy my meat online.

I can't watch Wolfgang Puck for very long because he is so dirty in the kitchen, it gags me.  He is licking his fingers and then sticking them in the food, or wiping his nose on the towel or his hand then carries on using his wiping tool.  Ick!  I did tune in to the beginning of his TS presentation and he immediately (unintentionally) burned what he was cooking and the food stuck in the pan.  I thought of Curtis Stone who intentionally burns food just to show how easily it cleans up.  Puck was bumbling around seeming to not know what he was doing, so I turned it off after 10 minutes.  I am glad those pans worked out for you - he wasn't doing them justice.
Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

@Havarti  I like Curtis Stone cookware and I also buy the white.  I wonder why so many of the items he presents are not available in white.  I had bought white T-fal years ago from QVC and much later bought a purple set from HSN (Lorena  G who is no longer at QVC).   I donated the purple set to get into the Curtis S. cookware which I really like.  The clean up is just like in the demos.  I wish he would make white available in all his items.  (Not interested in ordering the meat TS or the other meat items.)

Honored Contributor

I really LOVE  the last cookware set he had a few weeks ago---it was a 14 pc durapan set the all stacked inside each other along with the matchng lids-----but not interested in the meats---can buy great meats locally and not pay so much for it. And yes the pans are light weight but that suits me fine. I have been using a few skillets of his for the last 3 years and all are like new and still non stick. 

Trusted Contributor

@wagirl 

I totally agree about that last TS set of pans - I am embarassed to admit I bought 4 sets (thank goodness for flex-pay), but they are pans that are just the right size (smaller), stack together and have that great interior...and available in white.  There is nothing that is of interest to me on this visit and I ALWAYS find something of his to buy....not this time.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Respected Contributor
I’ve seen his ground beef in a local store. Did not buy but thought it was interesting they carried it.

Wish he would come out with just a set of 10” and 12” skillets. Don’t need or want large sets that they seem to favor selling. The ones I have are still good but one I believe has the nonstick feature not as good anymore probably because of dishwasher use.
Honored Contributor

@Havarti   I didn't order anything this time either.  I would have liked the recent set you purchased, but I had just purchased the previous TS and I already had another  Curtis set.   The previous TS that I bought had larger pieces, which I probably didn't need as much, but I do use them.  I like the 3 pc. steamer piece.  Not ordering any of the meat and nothing else was anything I needed or wanted.  I did watch quite a bit though.