Valued Contributor

Re: Curtis Stone Cookware

[ Edited ]

I ordered the CS 9x13 pan with plastic lid and used it last night for a pasta bake. So happy I ordered it. Clean up will be super easy, but actually used the lid and put in the fridge which I hate doing with glass or cast iron. I have his electric skillet and the nonstick coating feels more substantial on this pan...probably because it's bakeware.  If all of his bakeware is like this, all my pieces are going to be replaced. F41E8E45-E35B-4811-9C94-316297C0B589.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Curtis Stone Cookware

[ Edited ]

I have to report on that set of 2 9" fry pans I earlier talked about. Yesterday I opened the box, hand washed both pan & lids with silicon rims on lids and handles on pans. 

Today I boxed them back up and returned them. They are JUNK. Water collects under the silicon rims on the lids. REALLY?????  I'd love to have a conversation with Chef Curtis on just how we're supposed to get those completely dry so that grease from frying bacon (for instance) and water when we wash them.

I do not need to grab these only to find there's mold growing on the lids. NOPE not gonna do it. Curtis can have these back. 

PS - I've also done away with all cookware that has coating inside. This stuff eventually peels off, disintigrates and ends up in the food we just cooked. I don't do this either.