Respected Contributor

Im bummed to see some of the complaints of Curtis's bakeware, not just this thread but from threads during other CS visits also. It has to be the manufacturing because I dont believe any of the bakers here would have abused them. I am still using my Cooks Escientials from very early on when they started on the Q and still holding up just like the day I bought them. One is like an air bake (remember those) cookie sheet and the other a tad bigger with 3/4 in. high sides all around. I dont know, what do you call it, a sheet cake pan, I have used it for everything, mostly roasting vegies. Id say they are probably 20 yrs old. I could use some round cake pans and maybe loaf pans but have been hesitant to purchase CS due to quite a fews poor reviews on the bakeware.

Now his 4 quart multi-function pan w/ grill lid is AWESOME!! I have only had it maybe 6 months and between the pan and the grill they are the only thing I have used since. I got the steamer insert and have a nice glass lid that fits all of it, I love and really recommend these pieces. I even bought duos and steamer inserts for the gift closet  Smiley LOL  one for a graduation new apartment set up and one for a wedding gift, both coming up this summer. Now, I wish he would come up w/ a set of 3 saucepans w/ the helper handles like on the multi function pan and grill. I really dislike the long handles on pans.

I like watching Curtis because he actually cooks, and wow does he look good doing it! I agree, he IS one big ol piece of eye candy...and so sweet.  Heart

Honored Contributor

@Carmie : Love the BBB coupons and some of them can be used online, especially great when an item is not available in the local store and I usually purchase enough to get the free shipping. Southern Bee 

Respected Contributor

Thank you @SouthernBee  &  @Carmie  for the heads up on the USA brand bakeware, I will check them out for the rounds and loafs.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SeaGal : I must give credit to another poster:  Sharke- she gave me info and verification to the good product plus a chance to support American made products. Southern Bee 

Respected Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@SeaGal : I must give credit to another poster:  Sharke- she gave me info and verification to the good product plus a chance to support American made products. Southern Bee 

And thank you @SharkE wherever you are!!    Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

Don't toss BBB coupons.  They accept them after the expiration date.

Honored Contributor

I have the Curtis Stone baking sheets--must be 2 or 3 years.  They have not warped or stained.  I wonder if it is the newer sheets in the colors that are not made as well?   I also still have some Cooks Essentials  layer cake pans, muffin pan, pizza pan with sides, etc.  In great condition.  I bought them when the quality was quite good.  Would not buy Cooks Essentials today.

Honored Contributor

I love USA stuff from Bed & bath. Virtually no clean up. pizza slides off pan,

loaves drop out of loaf pans, etc. Got 2 round cake pans hardly ever

make a 2 layer cake unless it's for church social or something. B'day present, etc.

Get what you pay for. They're not like real expensive. Just more then the cheap stuff at walmart. They're good to water the dog out of

ROFLMAO

Honored Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

Don't toss BBB coupons.  They accept them after the expiration date.

You probably don't want to see the coupons I toss.  I get $10 certificates for JC Penny's, and a shoe store, DSW, Talbots, Victorias Secret, and even LL Bean.

If I don't want or need anything, I throw them out.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie : I try to shop with benefits  to have max savings- during sales,  special offers of free shipping and great coupons . I have friends that ask me to research a product for them before making any purchase. Southern Bee