Honored Contributor

Re: Curious, any big Alton Brown followers? Do you use his recipes?

Thanks for the postings ladies. I've copied some of his recipes now and when needed, it might be time to try a few. Thanks for the head's up.

Esteemed Contributor

He's going to have a live show at Joliet's Rialto theater in March 2015

Honored Contributor

Good Eats was always entertaining even if I don't use his recipes much. I made my first turkey 2 years ago. I'm not a fan of turkey but my mom won one at a drawing. So I used a large popcorn tin lined with a clean heavy duty plastic bag and brined the turkey. I've never brined anything before either. There was no fuss after you put it in the oven. No basting or anything. It came out golden brown and juicy. I was amazed.

His pancakes are the lightest and fluffiest. I mostly watch and use ATK and Ina's recipes. I enjoy watching Pioneer Wonan but would not use her recipes. Tyler Florence's tangerine glazed ham is also delicious.

Honored Contributor

I wonder if he did a cookbook or two on ""Good Eats"". I'll have to check it out. Thanks again.

Valued Contributor

His scone recipe is the only one I'll use. Wonderful, more traditional scones. Can add chocolate chips or dried fruit to them. Easy & delicious. I bet I've been using it for 8 years.
Trusted Contributor

On 11/18/2014 qualitygal said:

I wonder if he did a cookbook or two on "Good Eats". I'll have to check it out. Thanks again.

He has three books based on Good Eats: The Early Years, The Middle Years, and The Later Years. In the first book, the book jacket is actually a large poster-size print! It looks like the print from a movie release with the characters and film pictures. AB is using a stethoscope to listen to an egg. I took the print down to Michael's to have it ironed out to get rid of the folds, then I had it framed. It's in my office at work. You would not believe the people who have seen the poster and commented on how much they enjoyed watching AB.

You can get all three, probably on Amazon, in one set.

Vamp, I really liked the guy, so meeting him was a great experience.

Honored Contributor

I like him at first, but the silliness and TMI got to me. Also, like the America's Test Kitchen folks, they often generate too much work and too many dirty dishes for things I can easily make that are just as good without the fuss.

Super Contributor

His recipes usually rated highly but I don't trust a skinny cook. I like Ina Garten.
Trusted Contributor

On 11/18/2014 luvthatboxer said: His recipes usually rated highly but I don't trust a skinny cook. I like Ina Garten.

I like Ina, too!

Honored Contributor

Used to get "Food Channel" magazine ad it took him a long time for them to hire him, let alone watch his demo tapes. The BEST show he has ever done was how to fry a tukey.

And there was no one left to speak out for me....