Super Contributor

Cuisinart AirFry Toaster Oven

Anyone own this oven?  Has real good reviews.  Just what I need - another oven, LOL.

Respected Contributor

Re: Cuisinart AirFry Toaster Oven

I don't have it yet but I just ordered it from Amazon. I never use my air fryer because it's too much trouble to get out of the cupboard. This will take the place of my toaster oven and air fryer and I can keep it on the counter. It does have great reviews. I'm really excited about getting it!

Super Contributor

I will probably get one from Bed, Bath & Beyond with coupon.  Otherwise I would order from Amazon.  Please let me know what you think when you try it.

Respected Contributor

I received mine yesterday and set it up today. I really like the controls which are across the top and easy to read. I tried it out with frozen taquitos and it was very easy to use. One warning which a lot of the reviews give is that it runs hot. I think that is true. I think I would turn it down about 25 degrees from the recommended temp.

Super Contributor

Thanks for the info!  I'm curious about how well the air try will work.  Did you use that for the Taquitos?

Respected Contributor

@Txblond wrote:

Thanks for the info!  I'm curious about how well the air try will work.  Did you use that for the Taquitos?

Yes, I used the Air Fry option. Very easy to use. I only did 6 taquitos and put them in at 400 for about 7 minutes. The ends were a little too dark so I think I will reduce the temo and increase the time.

Super Contributor

I have done similar items like Taquitos in a regular oven, and seems like they always get browned on the ends.  Have you used any other features?

Is it real heavy to lift -  I am by myself and not too strong.  Would probably have to get my neighbors help to lift to the countertop.

Respected Contributor

@Txblond wrote:

I have done similar items like Taquitos in a regular oven, and seems like they always get browned on the ends.  Have you used any other features?

Is it real heavy to lift -  I am by myself and not too strong.  Would probably have to get my neighbors help to lift to the countertop.

Well the info says it's 19 lbs I think. The shipping box is pretty big and awkward to get off the floor and onto a table. Once it was unpacked though I had no trouble moving it from tabletop to countertop.

I used the bake function to reheat a casserole last night. Worked great. But again, don't use as high a heat as a regular oven.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Really appreciate all the info.  I should be able to handle it ok.  I have great neighbors, if not - LOL.  I noticed Amazon went up to $199.00 from $179. from yesterday to today.  Hope Bed, Bath etc doesn't do that.  I have a store close to me, so will probably just go and pick it up, so no packing box.

May be next week before I go.  Let me know if you love the oven, or it's just ok.  Thanks for all your help!

Respected Contributor

Convection ovens seem to cook 25 to 50 degree hotter because the convection cooking method cooks more efficiently and on all sides, more than a regular oven does so it takes less heat to get the same effect.