Honored Contributor

Re: Crustless pepperoni pizza for low carbers YUM YUM

It's about the crust, the wheat crust, I'd rather not eat pizza than give up traditional pizza. That being said, the recipes posted are a great alternative, if that's the way you want or need to go.

Honored Contributor

I'm not a fan of sausage, but I like the creativity of it.
Valued Contributor

On 3/8/2015 Alsee said: What about all the fat? Low carb or not - this is not healthy eating

Many thousands will disagree with you, many of them Dr's, etc! you can have your opinion but low carbing does work & is a regular way of life for thousands if not millions!

Respected Contributor

OMG! I would never in million years eat that much fat! That's the problem with people who think they know what a low carb lifestyle is. They think it's about skipping bread and eating a dozen eggs and half a pound of butter for breakfast....lol I think just reading this made my arteries clog....lol

Esteemed Contributor

Chrystaltree, you've never (in a million years, at that) had a meat lover's pizza??

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Contributor

This sounds good for those of us who miss pizza after finding carbs and not fat are the biggest thing to avoid. I know to some it sounds wrong, after all we grew up being told fat was the enemy. Newer research shows that we can eat eggs and bacon and sausage and cream and cheese, lose weight and improve our health. Yes, improve our health. Not all of it every day, to be sure. Low fat never worked for me, but cutting sugar and carbs worked like a charm. The old rules were faulty, based on flawed studies, and it's taken decades to reassess the role of fat and carbs. So for at least some of us (perhaps not everyone), low carb is healthier. I've been eating a slice of cheese melted in a pan with tomato sauce and sometimes a bit of pepperoni on top to satisfy my love pf pizza. Now I have a new recipe to try. Thanks!

Contributor

Try "Kalyn's Kitchen" for great low carb. Try the chicken pepperoni pizza. Chicken breasts are pounded thin to form the crust. Topped with pizza sauce, cheese and pepperoni. Out of this world as are her other recipes. Great web site.
Occasional Contributor

On 3/7/2015 eviltwinskippie said:
On 3/7/2015 HonnyBrown said:

oxox, please: what is the recipe for that!

Try this, "The Secret To Perfect Cauliflower Pizza Crust." It's very good... http://detoxinista.com/2012/01/the-secret-to-perfect-cauliflower-pizza-crust/

Cauliflower Pizza Crust
makes 1 large crust

Recipe courtesy of Doris Choi

Ingredients:

4 cups raw cauliflower rice
1 egg, beaten
1/3 cup soft goat cheese (chevre)
1 teaspoon dried oregano
pinch of salt

Directions:

Preheat your oven to 400F, then get to work on your crust.

Step 1: Begin by making your cauliflower “rice.”

Simply pulse batches of raw cauliflower florets in a food processor, until a rice-like texture is achieved.

Step 2: Cook & Strain the rice.

Fill a large pot with about an inch of water, and bring it to a boil. Add the “rice” and cover; let it cook for about 4-5 minutes. Drain into a fine-mesh strainer.

Hi Eviltwinskippie,

I make this recipe! It's really good....and super healthy. The OP's recipe, while it sounds good, is filled with way too much fat and way too many calories. I've been making pizza with this recipe for awhile now. Thanks for posting it. I think a lot of people will just love it {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Contributor

On 3/9/2015 bejbur said: Try "Kalyn's Kitchen" for great low carb. Try the chicken pepperoni pizza. Chicken breasts are pounded thin to form the crust. Topped with pizza sauce, cheese and pepperoni. Out of this world as are her other recipes. Great web site.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll check it out.

Trusted Contributor

Barbarainnc I think this is a great recipe and appreciate you sharing it. I think one can make this as healthier or unhealthy as one chooses too. I also like the suggestions here on here as well. I too have to make a life change towards low carbs and I will try this. This recipe is a great base and you can prepare it the best way for you.