Honored Contributor

Re: Crock pot express cooker, Instant Pot, Pressure cooker all the same or better or best products?

@phoenixbrd: Totally understand. The one other item that I really need is a easy to use and clean dicer, I have purchased so many different brands and models but none work for me with my hands and wrist issues. Southern Bee 

Respected Contributor

Re: Crock pot express cooker, Instant Pot, Pressure cooker all the same or better or best products?

I clean my IP stainless steel pot like I do my cast iron...while it is hot/warm.  I go ahead and wash it right after I dump everything out, usually when I put the food up out of it to store in the fridge.  Even after eating the meal, the pot is still very warm.  I do put the lid back on loosely to cover the meal, but it is still super easy to clean at that stage.  I haven't burnt anything in it, so soaking hasn't been required, though if you do burn something, just a bit of soaking and baking soda gets it right off like with a regular pot/pan/baking sheet.  I love mine!  I'm also in love with the Pioneer Woman one in turquoise.  I may treat myself at Christmas if they are on special at WM or the big A.  The only downside there is that her's and the ones on Q are not the newest models.  TODAY'S TSV IS AN EXCELLENT PRICE AND PAYMENTS IF YOU WANT TO ENTER THE MARKET.  There are other brands like the Mealthy one (the name is Meal and Health smushed together, stainless steel pot on the big A with lots of accessories, great ratings and digital interface for $99) and CrockPot (non-stick interior for $69.99 at the big A).  If I get another one, I may also get the 3qt one for smaller meals like rice, eggs, oatmeal, etc....

Here is a pic of the Pioneer Woman one's at WM.

Instant Pot Pioneer Woman LUX60 Vintage Floral 6 Qt 6-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Saute, Steamer, and Warmer

Instant Pot Pioneer Woman LUX60 Vintage Floral 6 Qt 6-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Saute, Steamer, and Warmer

I have also see the one above that is blue as a forest green one.  I love the turquoise one, but they are $99 for what is selling today TSV for $79 with accessories in colors like purple and blue.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tigriss  I didn't realize there were designer Instant Pots!    I am guilty of considering a very small IP for when we travel, but I'm trying to keep that thought under control!

Honored Contributor

@Tigriss:  Great information. I was looking at PW but concern about price but love the colors. Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SouthernBee wrote:

@phoenixbrd@jackthebear: Thank you. I need an egg cooker and thougt that would be cheaper. Running out of storage space for appliances but have a few scratches on the non stick. Afraid DH would purchase Instant pot before doing research. He purchased an air fryer for me that has never been used because it is small and no digital settings but will donate this to the church fall auction. Southern Bee 

you won't be sorry

BTW  making mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving----- is the best no waiting for the water to boil in the big pot just dump them in and 30 mins later done!!!!

Respected Contributor

For those who hesitate getting the Instant Pot today because it might be somehow different in quality.

The IP VIVA made for QVC is the exact same as you can get everywhere else as far as the quality of the pressure cooker is concerned.  The only difference are the colors on the outside which don't affect the product at all.

Respected Contributor

Today's TSV is a good deal.  The Viva model is made exclusively for QVC by IP.  It features the Duo Plus's panel (9-in-1) but does not have the Duo Plus's LCD screen.  The Duo Plus usually runs for around $130.  You can buy silicone gaskets, glass lids, non-stick ceramic pots, and other accessories for this model just like you can any other IP model.  Any Duo accessory or part will fit.

I think I am the only person who participates on the Kitchen forum who has the Mealthy brand multicooker.  lol  I wanted an LCD screen.  After reading and researching (the reviews on Amazon are impressive), I chose the Mealthy.  It was on sale on Amazon for $89.95 vs. the Instant Pot Duo Plus for $129.xx.  The Mealthy is 9-in-1, has an LCD screen which includes a graph showing the cooking progress, has a bright red float valve that when raised (when the pot has come to pressure), is visible from across the room, has a stainless steel pot, has available accessories and parts available on Amazon or on the Mealthy website, and any IP recipe will work in it just like it will in an IP.  In fact, the buttons are called the very same thing on the Mealthy.  It also has an app for recipes.  It comes with an additional red gasket for sweet recipes as well as a stainless steamer basket, mini silicone mitts, the trivet, and spoons.

I cannot express how happy I am with this machine.  And the CS is unreal.  I've called, chatted, and used their FB page to ask questions.  All have been answered in a matter of minutes.  One time I called and received a message that all CS reps were busy and to leave a message for a return call.  I chose not to do so, but 5 minutes later, my phone rang, and Mealthy CS was calling me back asking if they could help in any way.  What company does that?  You can't get a company to call you back when you leave a message let alone when you don't!

Here is an article by a well-respected food blogger who compares the Mealthy to the Instant Pot:

https://thisoldgal.com/mealthy-multipot-and-instant-pot/

Honored Contributor

Wow what a day, Neighbor cutting grass cut underground cables and without phone, cable and internet. Spouse computer chair broke. I have an iPad and sit in my recliner. Tried to sign in and had error message: length to long????  Appreciate all the great info and help however will have to delay my purchase. Now doing research for DH computer chair. Southern Bee