Frequent Contributor

Does anyone have a cranberry nut bread recipe without orange juice?

I can't find my recipe that I've been making for years and everything I

find now has orange juice and rind which I don't like. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Cranberry Bread, No Orange!

Can't you just leave it out?  Substitute water instead.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I found this recipe without orange juice. It really looks good. I found the recipe on Plattertalk site.

• 1 cup butter, softened to room temperature.
  • 1 package cream cheese (8 oz) softened to room temperature.
  • 1.5 cups sugar
  • 1.5 teaspoons real vanilla extract
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 cups fresh cranberries (may use frozen)
  • 1/2 toasted pecan halves (optional)
  • Preheat oven to 350°
  • Using a stand mixer, cream the butter, sugar, cream cheese and vanilla extract. One at a time, add the eggs, while mixing slowly.
  • In a separate bowl add the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder & salt.) Gradually mix dry ingredients into mixing bowl of wet ingredients. Gently fold in pecans and cranberries.
  • Fill 3 greased mini loaf pans and bake at 350° for 75-90 minutes. Bread is finished when toothpick comes out clean after being inserted into center of bread.

Notes

This Cranberry Nut Bread takes a while to bake. We made ours using our convection oven. A full-size loaf pan takes about 2 hours to bake all the way through, yielding a huge loaf of bread. We prefer using the mini loaf pans which take less time to bake and make for great gift ideas for friends and colleagues, or your local homelsss shelter.

Cranberry Bread from Platter Talk is a no-knead artisan bread that is perfect for the fall holidays.
Honored Contributor

Leave out the rind, and substitute apple juice, milk, evaporated milk, or water for the liquid.  Is it just the orange zest?  That you could use lemon or leave it out.

Anyone make cranberry bread and put in some white chocolate chips?  That sounds good to me!  Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I googled "cranberry bread" and first 3 recipes had no Orange in it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Found this recipe in one of my mom's binders.  I've never made it and don't know where she got it from, but it looks scrumptious:

2 cups flour

1 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

1 1/2 cups cranberries, chopped

1 cup brown sugar

1/3 cup vegetable oil

4 oz Ghirardelli white chocolate baking bar, melted

1 egg

1 tsp vanilla

1 cup sour cream

Streusel Topping (optional):

1/4 cup flour

2 tbsp brown sugar

1/4 cup chopped pecans

3 tbsp cold butter, cut into small cubes

Whisk flour, baking powder and soda, and salt in big bowl.  Toss in cranberries to coat.

Whisk brown sugar, oil, melted chocolate, egg, vanilla, and sour cream in separate bowl until smooth.  Stir into bowl with flour mixture until just combined.  

Grease loaf pan and line bottom with parchment.  Evenly pour batter into pan.

If topping with streusel:  Whisk together flour, brown sugar, and pecans in dish.  Use fork to crumble in butter to form pea-sized crumbs.  Sprinkle on top of batter.

Bake in 350 degree oven for 55-60 mins until inserted skewer comes out clean.  Cool in pan 5 minutes before turning out to completely cool on rack. 

Respected Contributor

i have a cranberry cake with no orange juice posted in this secheck ction under whats cooking in november and in the recipe section. it out.

Honored Contributor

I have a basic zucchini bread recipe I'd use and just change out the flavors I wanted to make instead of zucc. For instance, I would make cranberry with almonds, zucc with raisins & pecans or walnuts. If you want to do cranberry, just leave out the orange.