Super Contributor

Re: Countertop Convection Oven. I'm so confused..

@MKR14 wrote:

@DbinMD @Free shipping and 6 payments today and that includes “the Breville Smart Oven Pro” here on QVC.

Not sure if anyone is ready to order but the deal is great.

You will never be sorry with this purchase or on the Breville Smart Oven Pro. Both of them also have interior lights and I loved them both.

Thank you.. I had an email when I woke up and saw the free shipping..

Valued Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

@iwrite-----that is funny---that huge oven is great for storage----I keep most of the stuff I use for my Breville in there-----as well as big things like my pizza stone, cookie sheets and so on----Love my stove cook top tho and of course use that all the time. Woman Very Happy

@wagirl 

so i was right, the big oven is great for storage.

it is funny, that many are using their large oven for storage.

i guess the next industry that will be in trouble is stoves with ovens.

have you seen the commercial for the big oven that air fry's? i can't help but wonder how long it takes to pre-heat to air fry something.

and just who needs an air fryer that large? and at what cost? i want to know because i can show up at their house to eat and not even bother to cook, and they won't even notice that i'm there. <smile>

Valued Contributor

@DbinMD wrote:

@iwrite wrote:

@DbinMD wrote:

Thank you for your response.Speaking of small interiors, I was at walmart yesterday and they had a Ninja one. It was so small on the inside and the cost was $199. I couldnt figure out why it cost that much.. Maybe the name I dont know.. I have been getting with patience, I am not going to buy something that is not what I want. Thanks again,

@DbinMD 

you are very welcome.

yes, the ninja models are small. and the shape doesn't help either. yes, part of the cost is the name and the other part is the advertising, like the infomercials.

me neither, (reference to buying something that i don't want) so we probably will not be getting an oven this year. i think emeril will have a tsv for his oven, but as wolfgang pointed out, emerils oven is small then his and wolf's is small also. i knew that though from watching emerils infomercial.

earlier today, i read the reviews for the one by geoffrey zakarian. the reviews weren't good. if i remember the overall rating was something like 2.7. now, i'm really happy that i passed on that one.

here's why i propose. if either of us wins the lottery or somehow comes into some real money, we will buy the other the oven of their choice. i'll take the largest breville. which one would you like to have?

Sounds like a plan! I have been waiting forever to win the lottery.  I am now debating ordering the Breville.. Thank you,

@DbinMD 

ok. sadly, the problem is that both of us have been waiting forever to win the lottery.

because we want the same oven, shopping will be easier.

who knows, maybe the price will drop to $200, then we don't need the lottery . . . at least for this <smile>

Honored Contributor

@iwrite-----yes I was thinking the same thing about that oven-air fryer too----and they ONLY cooked chicken wings in it----nope, sorry ,not interested at all. So much hype!!!!

Honored Contributor

Does anyone have Consumer Reports online?  I get the magazines but don't save them.  If they haven't done a review of these ovens, they most certainly should.  

Valued Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

@iwrite-----yes I was thinking the same thing about that oven-air fryer too----and they ONLY cooked chicken wings in it----nope, sorry ,not interested at all. So much hype!!!!

@wagirl 

LOL - i love it. in reference to "they ONLY cooked chicken wings"

if the hype was removed from the content, all we would have in many cases is dead air.

just like with beauty products, i ignore the hype. just not interested in that. i just want to know what the item does or doesn't do.

Frequent Contributor

We got a Nu-Wave oven at a thrift store.  For ten bucks, it works really well. 😃

(And yes, it was like-new.  Found a manual online.). 😸

I cooked in a microwave-convection oven for years and I loved it so much until the oven died.  My husband recently bought a Black& Decker countertop convection oven and I am not happy with it.  I went looking everywhere for reviews on this unit and could only find 5 customer reviews, 3 of which were negative. 

Can you tell me which Black&Decker oven you have had good luck with?  I found a few B&D ovens on the best model. sites.  Before I return the one we have I would like to know more about the pros and cons of countertop convection cooking.  I had an oven I could turn the convection feature on and off which I liked much better. I have noticed in recent years the toaster ovens I have had seem to only last 2 years or less.

This one is total convection and to be honest, I am out of practice with this mode of cooking, though I really liked way food comes out. when I used the one in the microwave.  Unfortunately, it's very expensive to replace, around $300-$500.  I have been doing research on what to look for in an oven and am willing to give it another chance with a different model.

Thanks so much/