Esteemed Contributor

Re: Could you use a stove like this?

The stove is called Wolf.  My husband works in an appliance store and they sell these there.  People with high end houses buy these, it needs a special vent, and the stove costs $40,100.  Their refridgerators are called Sub Zero and they are $10,000 and more.  

Esteemed Contributor

@twinny70 wrote:

@pupwhipped wrote:

I'm the only person in the world who does not like a gas stove. I know.....I"M A WEIRDO!!!!!!!!

Add me to your list of weirdo"s too.  I don't like gas stoves or gas heat.

I used to want gas but cannot have in my area of town.  After what happenned in the Merrimack Valley area of the state, now I'm glad I don't have it!

Honored Contributor

Can you imagine trying to manage that many pots cooking all at the same time?  You'd need a conductor or an online spreadsheet.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I would love a set up like that, but at this time in my life it would not be practical, I don't even have the huge kitchen it would take to install something like that.

Honored Contributor

Not only the stove but the entire ktichen!

Esteemed Contributor

I just flashed back to Mrs. Doubtfire and her little problem.  Now we swing low that could be an issue.  

Respected Contributor

It looks to me like a Thermador 48" Commercial Gas Range.

When I was remodeling my kitchen in my previous home in 1992, I looked at them (ended up with a normal gas range) & they were $8K back then, I just checked & now, they're $15K+.  They are gorgeous, though!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gloriajean

@gloriajean wrote:

The stove is called Wolf.  My husband works in an appliance store and they sell these there.  People with high end houses buy these, it needs a special vent, and the stove costs $40,100.  Their refridgerators are called Sub Zero and they are $10,000 and more.  

Thank you for that information. You can tell I've never shopped for something like that - I was estimating about $10,000 for the stove.  Holy cow... I can't even imagine.  

@Still Raining

That's funny, but I wouldn't have that problem, because if the stove is as large as it looks in the photo, I'd be lucky to see over it.  I have a 12 quart stockpot that I used to use occasionally when I fed crowds of people and I literally needed a step stool to see into it.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

No thanks. A regular stove is all I need. I think I might be afraid to go near that thing.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

Beautiful.  Would need an addition and the Chef that comes with the stove too.