Respected Contributor

Re: Could you use a stove like this?

I'm in the market for a new gas stove, so what would something like that cost???  Just kidding!!!

Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

This one looks quite similar, except for the panel at the back:

Image result for thermador range PRD48NCSGU

I actually like this one better. Less intimidating and the retro look that I love.... and now I hear they're only $15,000!  I think I'll get one. Of course I'll have to call our bank and explain that I won't be sending any mortgage payments for a year or so, but I'll have a lot of fun with that stove!

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

@house_cat  $15,000 -- With that amount, there's no way I could afford Rastelli's 6-lbs of ground chuck at approx. $70.  Who can afford this (hamburger meat) stuff???

Respected Contributor

@In-x-s wrote:

@Allegheny wrote:

Sure, but I would need the kitchen to match.  And I would want a pot filler too.

@Alleghenyit almost looks like there might be one sticking out of that busy backsplash .......... I've never understood the pot filler.  WHile it'd be nice to be able to fill the pot without moving it to the stove you still have to lift it back to the sink or whatever to dump it. 

@In-x-s You got some good eyes.  I see it now.   Re the pot filler, good point. 

Honored Contributor

I have a Wolf range that is the same configuration as this one.  (Actually, the griddle is over to the left of the position in the one pictured.)

It's a great range for those (like me) who are into cooking, but I can see how it could be overkill for those who are not.

Mine is dual fuel.  Gas top, electric oven.

Oh; and red knobs removed and substituted with SS ones.  Hate red.

Honored Contributor

It is gorgeous but it would take up way too much room in my size kitchen, plus it is way more than we need for the amount of cooking that my husband and I do......It is gorgeous though, and I can just imagine what it costs!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I'd love it but I have a thing about cabinets and appliances being flush...it's the OCD in me.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

If it comes with an elf to clean that backsplash and stone hood, I'm in.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

For that price mentioned of about $15,000.00 for that stove should do it all.....

Prep all food well.

Have a large master burner and other sizes on stove.

Turn on the updraft vent and BBQ the food on the top grill if desired.

Turn the stove on to pre-heat if necessary according to recipesj

Place pots on stove and have a swing water faucet to fill up large pots built into wall on stove backsplash.  (Especially needed for pressure canning in glass Mason jars using my extremely tall All American aluminum pressure cooker/pressure canner).

Put food in a pot, pan, etc.

Put pan or pot on or into oven or broiler.

Add pressure canning rack into aluminum pressure canner, then add some pure white vinegar to pressure canner on stove top and fill 3 inches with swing arm water faucet.

Cook the food. for foods you will pressure can. Then place gas flame on low to gently heat the water.

Wash your mason jars well in dishwasher or by hand. No need to sterilize if pressure canning over 40 minutes.

Turn food over if necessary.

Shut oven off.

Shut cooktop off when pressure canning is completed.

Serve the food

When ready to remove from pressure canner take mason jars of food out and place on countertio on thick towel and let sit 12 hours to seal completely.

Remove mason jar canning rings and wash all mason jars with hot soap and water .

Wash  everything well.

Dry everything or load the dishwasher and run it until everything is dry.

Put everything away when all dry.

Clean the kitchen completely including backsplash counter areas and oven hood.

Clean the oven completely every month including pulling the oven out to vacuum and mop underneath the oven..

Now I would pay $15,0000.00+ for a gas/electric/grill combo oven if it could do everything I listed aboveSmiley Happy.

Valued Contributor

It’s nearly too beautiful to use! But I could sit and stare at it for a loooong while. (I have a friend who says the only reason she has a kitchen is bc it came with the house! 😉 That stove could possibly change even her mind.) ❤️ it. Thanks for sharing!