Respected Contributor

Re: Could you use a stove like this?

That stove is gorgeous but I just don't want to bend over to remove dishes from the oven. I just must have a wall oven - I have a KA double convection oven and I wouldn't trade it.

Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

It looks to me like a Thermador 48" Commercial Gas Range.

When I was remodeling my kitchen in my previous home in 1992, I looked at them (ended up with a normal gas range) & they were $8K back then, I just checked & now, they're $15K+.  They are gorgeous, though!

@aubnwa01- I agree that it's a Thermador; you can see the logo on the bottom right.

Way too much stove for me.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pupwhipped

Good news, you aren't the only one.   My BF prefers electric too.   I'm not sure she's ever cooked on a modern gas stove tho.    I wouldn't have an electric stove again after cooking on a gas stove .  

To answer the OP's question... nope.  I don't cook enough to warrant such a wonderful appliance.

Valued Contributor

I have a WOLF stove (not this model) and a sub zero fridge. LOVE both!!!

Super Contributor

The stove is wonderful. There are so many dark, heavy textures and different color groups here, though, that it would make me go crosseyed to walk into the room.

There is nothing cohesive here to pull of these really heavy, oppressive features together. The floor is a heavy yellowish stone that clashes with the countertop, which has a green hue. The cabinets are a dark, heavy wood that weighs down the look even more. The stone arch and sidewalls are very medieval looking and the backsplash almost looks like an animal print.

Any of the features of this nook could work great with OTHER features. Put them all together, though, and it looks like a wine cellar/dungeon/70's cabinets with a backsplash that defies description ... and then a sparkling, modern super-stove in the middle of it all.

I love the floor, love the countertops, like the stone and love the stove. But they don't work together to me.

Trusted Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

50520733_1280129595487682_5795415929038831616_n.jpg

Sure would be fun, but I think I'd need a step stool to reach the back burners.

Yes.  If I did not already own a 6 burner Wolf gas range.

Hung

Respected Contributor

@gloriajean wrote:

The stove is called Wolf.  My husband works in an appliance store and they sell these there.  People with high end houses buy these, it needs a special vent, and the stove costs $40,100.  Their refridgerators are called Sub Zero and they are $10,000 and more.  

@gloriajean: $40,100!!! Maybe it's available for 6 easy payments, free shipping??? Smiley Tongue

Esteemed Contributor

Holy Cow! I made a typo!  The stove is $14,100, not 40,000.  Sorry for that mistake, I had to come and correct it.  

Esteemed Contributor

No, $14,100!!  I corrected it above.  Sorry about that typo.

Yes, they give free delivery where he works.   

Respected Contributor

This one looks quite similar, except for the panel at the back:

Image result for thermador range PRD48NCSGU