Trusted Contributor

Could You Please Help Me with Recipes for Le Creuset 3 1/2 QT. Buffet Casserole TSV That I Bought?

[ Edited ]

Could You Please Help Me with Recipes for Le Creuset 3 1/2  Qt. Buffet Casserole TSV That I Bought?

I know the Le Creuset site has some recipes (if you can weigh through them to find those appropriate for this size pan) & there are about 8 recipes that come with the TSV, BUT COULD YOU PLEASE SHARE ANY OF YOUR RECIPES THAT COULD BE MADE IN THIS PAN?

The best cooks frequent this board; I know that I'm continually inspired by your knowledge and creativity.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ANY HELP. (I already made room in my cupboard for my new Le Creuset -- so now I just need for the Q to get the pan to me!)

-Solar1 Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Re: Could You Help Me with Recipes for Le Creuset 3 1/2 Buffet Casserole TSV That I Bought?

@Solar Is My Name 

Here are the recipes listed under the TSV for today.  Maybe it will help

https://www.qvc.com/footers/cd/pdf/RecipesK49376.pdf

Honored Contributor

Re: Could You Please Help Me with Recipes for Le Creuset 3 1/2 QT. Buffet Casserole TSV That I Bough

@Solar Is My Name Amazon has the Le Creuset Cookbook, Cooking With Cast Iron for $18.95.  This would come from their test kitchens and would be wonderful recipes.

Honored Contributor

Re: Could You Please Help Me with Recipes for Le Creuset 3 1/2 QT. Buffet Casserole TSV That I Bough

[ Edited ]

I hope you understand that you don't need special recipes to cook in the TSV.  You could cook any casserole and there are thousands on the intetnet.  Somebody just posted a simple chicken and Swiss cheese recipe here today that I'm going to make in my casserole dish and you could make it your new dish.  It would make a good "starter" recipe.   I'll post a link to it.  A 3 1/2 qt casserole should easily contain this recipe.  It will hold a lot.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Recipes/Creamy-baked-chicken-amp-Swiss-casserole-easy-recipe-feeds-6-8/... 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Thanks, everyone!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Solar Is My Name 

This is one of my family's favorite recipes. I've also made it for guests many times and everyone loves it.

• Buy some thinly cut boneless chicken breasts. Put them in a bowl and generously slather them with pesto.  I often use Buitoni pesto from the fresh food section of the grocery store.
  • Drizzle some olive oil in the pan and heat to a medium temperature.
  • Lightly brown the chicken slices on both sides.
  • Top each piece of chicken with a slice of mozzarella cheese, a slice of tomato and a couple of fresh basil leaves if you have them.  I often skip the basil because I rarely have it on hand, but it does make a prettier presentation.
  • Cover and cook about 20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and the cheese is melted.   

This recipe is so easy, but my guests are always impressed by it.  I usually serve it with some roasted baby Yukon potatoes and a simple fresh vegetable.  You can add the potatoes to the pan for the last few minutes of cooking because the chicken creates its own sauce and the potatoes just love it.

I bought the TSV also and this will be one of the first meals that I make in it.  I love the fact that this beautiful pan can be brought right to the table. 

Basil-Pesto-Tomato-Mozzarella-Chicken-Bake-10.jpg

This is an image I found online.

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

@house_catthanks so much! This looks delicious! I can see why your guests love it!

Trusted Contributor

@ECBGHi, thanks for the book title. Today I ordered it from Amazon from a secondary seller that had it (I did get it a little bit cheaper that way). Now I just have to USE it Smiley Very Happy when it arrives (AND when my TSV pan arrives).  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@Solar Is My Name I don't know about you, but I used to love to sit and read cookbooks at night.Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I apologize for not having a specific recipe, however my 3 1/2 QT Braiser (basically the same pan as the Buffet but with a Cast Iron grill pan lid) is always on my stove.  I use it almost every single day.  It has replaced my frying pan and I got rid of almost all of my Stainless steel pots and pans (only have 1 to cook pasta or soup in).  This pan is used to brown Ground Turkey, cook sausage, veggies, rice, chicken - you name it I cook it in this pan.  

Don't put it in your cupboard leave it on your stove, you can use it everyday as I do.