Trusted Contributor

Re: Costly culinary tools that don't get much use, or caused buyers remorse?

I think I have all the kitchen gadgets I need, and I don't want to take up storage space or clutter my kitchen with multiple "specialty" machines and gadgets. The older I get, the more I appreciate good, versatile equipment that can be used in many ways. Preparing good food really doesn't require many expensive gadgets anyway. I prefer to stick with the basics and keep things relatively simple.

Decent cookware and bakeware, non-stick and iron frying pans, quality knives, a colander, a crockpot, a set of mixing bowls, measuring cups and spoons, a waffle iron, tongs, spoons and spatulas, a vegetable peeler, a grater, a griddle, a mixer, a food processor, a good cutting board......you can go a long way with this kind of stuff.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Wow, I've been coveting that Cuisinart Griddler for quite a while - after the above reviews, I'm glad I didn't invest in it, even it it does make good waffles (I'd totally forgotten of the perfectly good inherited belgian waffle iron languishing in an upper cupboard...). {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Denise
Honored Contributor

The little red grill, Ready Set Go. I saw an ad for it last night! Never used it and got all the books, attachments, etc. Lost interest in it. Never used it.

The one thing the Q sells now that I see no rhyme or reason to, is that salad cutter. It seems like a good idea, but you have to cut all the veggies down to size anyway, so I'd just go ahead and finish cutting them. I have one of those slicers, it's in the basement on a shelf. No dishwasher here and I don't like cleaning up around blades. I have 2 other machines that have blades but I do use those.