Super Contributor

Now that winter is a reality I'm heading out to Costco to get their packaged white meat from their rotisserie chickens. It sells for $12.99 I think and I can get about 4 packages out of it for the freezer. I had it out packaging it last time I went and DD decided that she'd like just a sandwich out of it and raved about it. Used a Caesar salad mixture which is one of our favorite sandwiches lately. But I'm looking forward to quick chix noodle soup and chix and broccoli casserole. Love winter food.

Frequent Contributor

Costco has the best cooked chicken..I always get one to bring home..You cant even purchase a whole chicken for that price anymore so why  cook you own. Theirs is so flavorful. I think becaus it does NOT sit all day under lights,,They are so fresh,,as soon as they are packaged up there is usually a line waiting for the next batch. I sometimes stop at KFC and get a few sides  and you are finished with dinner.

Honored Contributor

Thank you!  I didn't know Costco sold packaged white meat from their rotisserie chicken.  I'm not a member but it's good to know nonetheless.

Respected Contributor

I recently read an article that Costco has purchased their own chicken farm and processing plant in order to eliminate the middleman and keep costs low. 

Contributor
We love Costco rotisserie chicken. They are big, plump, cooked to perfection--not all shriveled up and dried out like at some other stores--and perfectly seasoned. We get at least two meals from one bird and I always keep and freeze the carcass and bits of skin to make stock, so delicious!
Respected Contributor

I don’t have Costco near me but I have Sams, and they do the same thing with their rotisserie chicken. It’s good.

Honored Contributor

We don't have a Costco or Sam's in our area either. It's a 3 hr round trip drive for us to go.

We buy the rotisserie chickens from Wal-Mart. I de-bone them for chicken noodle soup. I put the carcass in the freezer until I can make some more broth with it.

Just got finished eating a batch of chicken noodle soup.

I was going to make some beef stew today but I never took the meat out of the freezer. LOL!!!

What's for dinner?

Honored Contributor

@Azcowgirl wrote:

I don’t have Costco near me but I have Sams, and they do the same thing with their rotisserie chicken. It’s good.

@Azcowgirl 

i have not noticed this at sams club.

can you get just the cooked white meat instead of the entire chicken?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Re: Costco chicken

[ Edited ]

Do you know if COSTCO offers the dark meat separately like the white meat?

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Respected Contributor

I find the Costco chickens under cooked at my local warehouse.  Always pink inside.  I have to put it in the oven to cook a bit longer.