Honored Contributor

@ECBG    I just found one on eBay.  French white, free shipping $20.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I have the following.....

One large & one small

proxy-image-1.jpg

1 teeny tiny pot - I use to melt my popcorn butter

proxy-image-2.jpg

One 5qt pot

proxy-image-3.jpg

I purchased the pots off of Ebay when it was in its infancy.  It was my first & last bidding auction.  I won the bid for $11.  I was so happy because Corning stopped making the "see throughs."

I purchased the cassaroles bowls from K-Mart the final year Corning stopped making the "see throughs."

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I broke my 3qt and really miss it.  I've looked at them on eBay but they're ridiculously expensive.  I bought one from Corning.  It's very attractive but don't like the shape of it.

@Kachina624    I bet that "after the epidemic", the thrifts will be loaded with them.....since so many people are cleaning house.   

My local weather report is saying highs up to 118° this weekend.   I'm going out to buy ice cream as soon as Kroger opens at 6 (!!!!!)    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I've  got mine, my ma's, and even a huge casserole on an electric base from my grandma.     I "eat out of the pot".........so that's ALL I've been using lately.......

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

I have one smaller French White casserole dish that I picked up at a thrift store several years ago.  My 84 year old mom still has a blue Cornflower dish that's square and has taller sides.  I'm not sure what it really is but it resembles a smaller stock pot/dutch oven that is square instead of round.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Corning Casseroles

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac : I got those pots for my bridal shower in 1985! Still remember who gifted me: my SIL's mom. 

I loved them because they go on the stove and in the oven and microwave and you can see when the water is boiling, rice is cooked, etc. Only downside is that over time I dropped pieces and they broke. I have always found replacements at thrift stores for these and the OG Corningware casseroles, all of which are in my kitchen.

I also have a few of the French White pieces and often gift them for bridal showers. They go in the oven, microwave and now Instant Pot.

Honored Contributor

@queendiva 

I don't know why Corning stopped making the "see throughs."  I love them because you don't have to run into the kitchen, take the tops off, to check your food.  Just look across the room.   YUP!  It's boiling.  YUP! Time to stir, YUP!  It's done. Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

You might also check thrift shops (if they're open). My Aunt managed her church's thrift shop for years and much of their merchandise came from estates. I was always surprised at the variety of merchandise and at the low prices. 

Trusted Contributor

I love my Corningware pie pans.  I have quite a few of them because they were so hard to find for awhile.  I bought them at flea markets, garage sales, and estate sales.  I also have a good collection of casserole dishes.  Best products ever!

Honored Contributor

You might try your local antique malls.  Probably a bit more expensive, though.  Corningware and Pyrex are coming out of the woodwork at our local auctions.