Honored Contributor

Re: Corelle or similar brands

Hi @loriqvc yes I went directly to their website. Found designs I like but not in the colors I want. Saw a blue/ gray set but I'd like shades of burgundy or brown. If no other manufacturer has Corelle type dises, I guess I'll pick something on the Corelle website.

Respected Contributor

I love Corelle.  I wasn't crazy about their patterns either.  However, I went to an outlet store and they had many different patterns.  I had no trouble choosing.

I believe it was the Corning Ware store.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I am still using what’s left of my original set of butterfly gold Corelle.   I’m down to 6 dinner plates,  3 sandwich plates, 5 bowls, and 3 saucers; some edges have chipped, but I’m not getting rid of these dishes.   These are for every day; I have nice dishes for big family meals.

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG - I was just poking around Amazon for Corelle patterns, and it appears that some are available there that are not on the Corelle website—and if you have Prime, you can get free shipping and possibly return the set if you don't like the pattern in person. One design I saw while browsing is the Corelle Twilight Grove, which a friend of mine uses; it has some nice tones of burgundy and grey. I believe it was just recently discontinued, so if you like it, you can probably still compare prices online before buying or potentially find it in stock at a local superstore.

Respected Contributor

we have had corelle for a long time. we have some in white and some is white with just a little color strip on them and there square.they hold up very well. and no chipping. we have a caramic tile floor and i dropped a dish once and it broke in a milloin slivered peices. dishwasher safe microwave safe. there the best dishes we ever had. auntg good luck with your dinner ware hunt.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG 

I don't know if they still make it but 30+ years ago my gf bought Lenox "Temperware" beautiful shades (no design if I recall) and they were equal to Corelle.  

Her mom is still using them!  

Esteemed Contributor

I love the light-weight aspect of Corelle and check out their website frequently. We seem to use a lot of bowls, so I've accumulated enough Corelle and use them every day, along with their luncheon plates that are the perfect size for me. I suppose there are similar brands out there, but Corelle has withstood the test of time. Great product!

Respected Contributor

A few years back I wanted something updated from my Corelle. I chose Pottery Barn. Mistake. Chips so easily I scarcely use. When Corning outlet closed I bought white square Corelle. I figure I will change with placemats etc.
Corelle is so practical and durable. Also made in US. That Corelle store gad a beautiful red pattern that I admired. It’s worth pursuing.
Honored Contributor

Thank you all for your suggestions. I did go to Amazon and saw their Amazon Basics line, but I'm tempted to buy Corelle for its durability, even if I can't find a pattern I'm crazy for.

Honored Contributor

I still have the original set of Corelle I got for in my hope chest back in 1978, and have added to it over the years (Old Towne Blue). I still love it as much today as I did back then. 

@AuntG , have you considered looking on places like ebay to see some older patterns. If those originals from the 1970's  aren't your thing, there were many made in the 80's and 90's that are discontinued, but still available in the secondary market that you might like. 

I've actually accumulated over time, the older patterns in three different patterns now, full sets with accessories. I change them out for different seasons. I really love how space saving they are, how strong, how they look good for decades, and I don't get tired of the patterns either.