Honored Contributor

Corelle or similar brands

[ Edited ]

Time for new dinnerware. I like chip resistant Corelle but none of their patterns appeal to me. Are there other brands with the weight and durability of Corelle?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Corelle or similar brands

I have the plain white and I love it. 

Honored Contributor

I love Corelle.  I too have the plain white in the square shape.  Use them everyday.  My one and only set of dishes.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've had it for years and love it.  First, I bought a pattern, it was just ok. I wish they had ones I liked too.  Then I got a plain white set. Love it. So lightweight.

Eta- I don't know another brand like Corelle.

Super Contributor

I also have corelle--I bought the square cereal bowls w/black piping on the edges--I have the square dinner plates that have a black uneven stripe- like design on the top right side and the bottom left side--they I think are beautiful and very contemporary--that's the look I like--hopefully u will find a style u like--------------------

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG - Just to confirm, did you check out the Corelle website rather than just local stores? I only ask because several years ago, I also needed new dishes and really wanted Corelle again, but I couldn't find anything appealing locally. It turned out that one of the designs that only seemed to be available online (and I've only seen it pop up on Amazon and ebay once or twice since) was perfect for me, and I was able to buy a nice service for 12 with additional serving pieces for a great price. It is all, unsurprisingly, still going strong.

You could also try the AmazonBasics collections, most of which are fairly lightweight stoneware in classic designs.

Honored Contributor

I had Corelle dishes for many years. They held up well. In fact when I got my Corelle dishes there were 3 styles, white, gold and green. I got the green and shortly after I bought the green they came out with a blue that I really liked.

Then I really liked Lenox Summer Terrace. So I bought the whole set plus accessories. They have also held up very well. They have not chipped. But people have broken a dish here and there. But I bought extras so I still am in good shape. I must say I spent a small fortune on all the serving plates, serving dishes, and assorted sizes not included in the sets. 

So I decided my next set I am going back to Corelle. Corelle is lightweight and durable. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@K9buddy  Mom had Corelle in plain white for everyday use. They were great dishes! After we sent her dishes to charity, I wanted new dishes and couldn't find the Corelle plain white.

Found some similar dishes at Pier I that I'm very pleased with. Also, found some dishes with lavender and green on them! Perfect for spring family brunches. Bought both sets. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

I love my set, the blue/violet iris. Very Japanese inspired. Had it for years, used everyday and looks like new. Sadly it might be discontinued.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Joy Mangano sold sets on HSN a couple of times.  Mine have a teal spiral design.  I've really banged them around and haven't had a single chip, although I did break one that I dropped.   I like that they're so lightweight.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment