Super Contributor

Re: Copper pot that is coming up as TSV on 9/18

@Snicks1 wrote:
Thanks again, ladies.

Gentlemen too? LOL! Smiley LOL

Trusted Contributor

What I am not crazy about is the name Copper Pot.

This pan has no copper in it, it is just a ceramic based coating that

happens to be painted a copper color.

I do know that real copper cookware is wonderful and it does

maintain even temperatures.  It is also very expensive and what

I've heard, well worth the high price.

I do hope in the presentation, the "copper" aspect is cleared up, so

that people don't erroneously believe they are receiving a real copper

pot.

Respected Contributor

Watching the midnight presentation. I could not handle that cutting board covered in copious red liquid from those urber rare steaks. Had to turn the channel. I thought it was copper but when they mentioned 800 degrees cooking, I wasn't so sure. Thanks for the info about the coating. 

Honored Contributor

Thank you for all the responses, ladies, and gentlemen (lol). I have decided to pass on this purchase. While I think it might be a nice pot to have, I really don't 'need' it. I did like that it can go into a very hot oven, although mine doesn't get even close to 800 degrees. Thanks again, and will be interested to hear reviews from anyone who does get this pot.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

@Susan in California TY for the heads up about copper. This isn't an item I really need, but that rarely stops me after I listen to so many pitches ! Smiley Happy (they are good at thier craft).

Honestly I could use at least one larger pan than is in my inventory. --oh-oh

I have not researched it much but I thought it had some copper ! my bad.

It looks as though it is non-stick. I heard Eric say to not use metal utensils . Of course  about the only thing I use metal utensils on any more are my iron skillet and SS.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I heard Eric say this morning that the pan is copper-infused. I have no idea why he or some sites make this statement when there is no copper, other than the color, involved.

Read some of the sites online about how overpriced, overhyped, and truly bad this cookware is.

(posted in the TSV forum also)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@okaywitheasypay

I am not sure if you shop on the other channel, but Curtis Stone's non stick

Dura pans are wonderful.  I recently purchased three of his pans for myself as well as my sons and their wives.  All of us are so happy.

Recently there was a special offered which I wanted to order, but we will be out of town, so I am waiting.  Usually they are free shipping as well.  It is worth it to read

the reviews.  The Dura pans can be used with metal spatulas.  His cooking on the channel is wonderful to watch as well.  Just thought I'd let you know.

Respected Contributor

This  pot doesn't do anything that I can not do in my or any other good non-stick cookware.  I for sure can do everything in mine. 

Respected Contributor

TY @Susan in California I have seen his Dura pans and considered them as when I looked the reviews seemed good. DH sometimes will grab a metal utensil for use in non-stick (bless his heart Smiley Happy )  I missed watching Curtis this week . I get e-mail to remind me when to watch. I haven't seen any of his with the depth of this copper one though.