Respected Contributor

Re: Copper Chef Pan set being plugged again..?!?

@mima wrote:

@Sherbear1 wrote:

Ok I do not understand this pan. How can it be soo good for some and soo bad for others when the same care is taken. I am thinking about the larger one they have and the induction burner. Can you help figure this out? 

I think it's the same reason that they make chocolate and vanilla.  We all see things differently and sometimes people really don't want something to work. Mine have been amazing. Love them. But like most things I own, I don't abuse them.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@twinkies wrote:

I want to buy this pan but I have very bad arthritis, Is it a heavy pan?              

cathy from ma

I'm older and I can't handle my LeCreuset pans anymore. So oI sadly parted with them to my kids.  But I don't find these pans heavy at all. I have the two larger pans and a couple of skillets, and none are especially heavy.  I think you'll like them, but if they don't work out for you, they can be returned.

Super Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

@twinkies wrote:

I want to buy this pan but I have very bad arthritis, Is it a heavy pan?              

cathy from ma

I'm older and I can't handle my LeCreuset pans anymore. So oI sadly parted with them to my kids.  But I don't find these pans heavy at all. I have the two larger pans and a couple of skillets, and none are especially heavy.  I think you'll like them, but if they don't work out for you, they can be returned.

To that end, a few folks on the TSV thread mentioned purchasing the pan at BB&B using a coupon. They said you won't get the extras (the glass press thing and the tongs, I think?) but supposedly with the coupon it would be cheaper than Q, and much easier to return, if the pan does not work out. 

Trusted Contributor

I know copper is a good conductor, so it should cook things quickly or on low temps.  For things not to stick, it has to have some kind of coating (seasoning) mechanism.  I don't know what that is, but I do also know, that when a pan is heated over and over again, the coating (surface) changes and eventually doesn't work as a new pan would.

Personally, I don't believe there is a cooking vessel out there that will continue to be non-stick for long periods of time.  If you use oil or other lubricating product when cooking, sure it will stay non-stick.  To me, you can use any pan, if you're putting oil in the bottom before you start cooking.  You can put water in any pan after cooking and loosen what has stuck during the cooking process.

I just am curious as to why a pan needs to be good to 850 degrees.  My expensive oven doesn't even go that high....?

Occasional Contributor

@Sherbear1 wrote:

Ok I do not understand this pan. How can it be soo good for some and soo bad for others when the same care is taken. I am thinking about the larger one they have and the induction burner. Can you help figure this out? TIA

I did order the Casserole one since I bought the Red Copper pan at Kohl's and used it a few times and love it.  I'm hoping that the Copper Chef Pan is as good.   I did see the larger one (Copper Chef XL w induction)  that you are talking about and I thought if and when QVC offers that one I will buy it then.  I thought that the 3 payments of $33.33 is a good price but, QVC would have a better price.

Cockatiels are not throw away pets!
Respected Contributor

@3suwm5 wrote:

I know copper is a good conductor, so it should cook things quickly or on low temps.  For things not to stick, it has to have some kind of coating (seasoning) mechanism.  I don't know what that is, but I do also know, that when a pan is heated over and over again, the coating (surface) changes and eventually doesn't work as a new pan would.

Personally, I don't believe there is a cooking vessel out there that will continue to be non-stick for long periods of time.  If you use oil or other lubricating product when cooking, sure it will stay non-stick.  To me, you can use any pan, if you're putting oil in the bottom before you start cooking.  You can put water in any pan after cooking and loosen what has stuck during the cooking process.

I just am curious as to why a pan needs to be good to 850 degrees.  My expensive oven doesn't even go that high....?

I think they are just making a point that high heat doesn't hurt them.  So many pans can't take anything above 400 or so. That's why I felt safe in broiling in them.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

The lid on the larger old TSV says oven safe to 350° which luckily most casseroles aren't higher. The print said 60 day limited warranty, maybe they changed it? I plan to try my saute out lots before the thirty days here are up. Hope it works out.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

David just said they have sold over 68,000 of the TSV today.   I suppose that's why they are "plugging" them again.  

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

I find it funny that even though this is a repeat, there are NO reviews!?

Whatcha' hidin' QVC??

@KingstonsMom  New configuration = new item number. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

I was going by the warranty shown under the item on QVC's website. It specifically says 60 day limited manufacturers warranty. The packaging may say something else, but the caller was buying it from QVC, not Sam's Club. If I was looking up information on QVC's site and that is what I saw, I would assume that is has a 60 day warranty, period. Again, it would have been an opportunity for them to explain it, but they chose not to. Would seem to be a selling point if it was a Lifetime Warranty. If it is lifetime, QVC's site should say so.