Honored Contributor

DH needed a part for our hot water heater so we trotted down the road to a RV store. While he went to the parts department I was looking in the showroom and they had the coolest ever 1950's style Scottie camper. It was silver and aqua inside and out. The seats at the table were reproductions of 1956 Chevy Belair bench seats and the table was the formica top with the little swirls everyone had back then. The walls were blonde wood and the floor was a vinyl that looked just like the linoleum we had in our house when I was a kid. The curtains , bedspread were also very authentic reproduction prints. It was so fun! I'd love to own it - however it was not for sale - it was for demo only. One can be ordered and they are custom made. I was afraid to ask the price.

Honored Contributor

Re: Cool 1950's style camper

I'd love the turquoise touches.  Too bad you didn't get a photo.  Here's my dream kitchen, also inspired by the 50s.

20160910_225636.png

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Sorry - the screen must have jumped - I meant for this to be under home. 

Honored Contributor

There is a store in Ohio called Lehman's Hardware that has all the retro kitchen stuff. 

Honored Contributor

That sounds amazing, @151949!
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'd love the turquoise touches.  Too bad you didn't get a photo.  Here's my dream kitchen, also inspired by the 50s.

20160910_225636.png

That is beautiful, @Kachina624!

You might want to check out two of my favorite mid-century modern blogs:

Retro Renovation: http://retrorenovation.com/

No Pattern Required: http://www.nopatternrequired.com/

They focus on time capsule homes, mid-century modern design, design ideas, help, and resources for people who love mid-century modern. They don't have nearly enough turquoise kitchens (love the one you chose), but you'll find plenty of pink or turquoise tiled bathrooms and some handy resources for drawer pulls, those old formica dining set, and all kinds of things. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@ChynnaBlue....thanks for the links to the blogs! All of this is super cool.
Respected Contributor

I would love one of these, in shopping around for an RV, I see so many with darker wood and upholstery and finishes, and once in a while there is an old one with light cabinetry and interiors.  Unless you have one customized, the bright light interiors are hard to find IMHO.

Respected Contributor

Oh that sounds so cute!! I would love to see one like that. We have a motor home and I call it our one bedroom condo on wheels. But that would be so fun to check out! Very expensive I have no doubt.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Azcowgirl wrote:

I would love one of these, in shopping around for an RV, I see so many with darker wood and upholstery and finishes, and once in a while there is an old one with light cabinetry and interiors.  Unless you have one customized, the bright light interiors are hard to find IMHO.

Styles come & go same as with homes. Our 3 year old camper is all medium cherry - but it is a HyLine and they custom make each one for each customer. I too dislike the very dark wood & fabrics that are in right now.

We call ours The apartment.