Respected Contributor

Re: Cool 1950's style camper

Hi Kachina624!

When I saw your dream kitchen...

It brought me back to my Mother.  This was her kitchen in 1957!   However, her refeidgerator was not turquoise.

Sweet memory...

Honored Contributor

@Bellabutterfly  I absolutely love that kitchen.  I found the appliances online in Canada and they're extremely expensive plus you pay freight charges.  I have heard of people taking appliances to auto body shops and having them painted.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Kachina624...

Yes, you can buy white appliances...Have an auto body shop or a place where they do "Powder Coating" painting and get them "Custom" color painted.

Kachina624...You can have that Kitchen!

You can have your present kitchen cabnets painted or refaced and your appliances "Custom Painted"...

Life is short just do it!  That is if fiances allow...?

Honored Contributor

The turquoise colored appliances were before my time, but that was the color of the kitchen appliances in the 1960's mobile home the mother of my moms best friend lived in.   The home was a 10x50, and the cutest mobile home I've ever seen---even to this day.  Both doors were on the front, and there were pocket doors for the 2 bedrooms and bath.   

The first appliance color I remember was coppertone, followed by harvest gold, avocado, and pink, green, and blue bath fixtures.   I chose harvest gold for the house, and couldn't wait to get rid of that color in 2007 when we updated bathrooms!   I have chosen to stick to boring white appliances now.   

Honored Contributor

The very first house we bought back in 1979 had a kitchen with all turquoise appliances. Even a turquoise countertop. I was in heaven. Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

@Tigriss wrote:
@ChynnaBlue....thanks for the links to the blogs! All of this is super cool.

Brings back a lot of memories for me. Makes me feel old now! Smiley LOL Smiley Wink

I grew up in homes with those kinds of furnishings, all from the 50's.

Both of my Gramma's had homes decorated with decor and furnishings like that. That was all modern then, from the 50's on into the 60's.