Trusted Contributor

Cookware that doesn't end up bending and warping out of shape?

Any suggestions?

Honored Contributor

Re: Cookware that doesn't end up bending and warping out of shape?

Hi @Sue98

I found that a lot of the bending and warping was my own fault.  Too often I'd put a hot pan under cool water (to begin soaking before cleaning) so naturally the metal changed shaped.  I've been a lot more careful in recent years and it's helped.

The reverse is also true; let a cold pan heat gradually.

Even the manufacturer of my stainless steel sink warns to not put hot pans directly into the sink for fear of the metal of the sink change shape.

There's a blog on the Cuisinart site about this.  You can search for how to prevent your cookware from warping.  They do say three-ply pans are more resistant.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sue98wrote:

Any suggestions?

Le Creuset and TFal from Target for my frying pans. I do not and have never put any of my cooking pans in the dishwasher.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have All-Clad and Emeril cookware.  I have never noticed any warping or bending.  I do not put my cookware into the dishwasher...ever.

Esteemed Contributor

18/10 Stainless steel cookware

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well... there must be a few things you are doing wrong, so I'll list them.

1. Stop hitting the husband in the head with the pots and pans.  Clearly, his head is harder than they are.

2. Stop missing when throwing the pots and pans at your husband's body, that or they bounce off of him and dent when they hit the floor.  I'm not sure if that is because he is plump or if he is muscular.  It could go either way.

3. Buy heavier pots and pans.  Heavy duty pots and pans don't have to be cast iron, though those would get your husband's attention, but they are hefty in weight and can be in price, though there are great deals on quality pots and pans at Sam's Club, Costco, BJs, and on sale at regular shops.  Nice thick bottoms, like my own bum, are heftier stuff that will stand the test of time against heat and the occasional drop.  They will also not warp if you got from screeching hot to cold ice water.  They are also dishwasher safe if you go with stainless steel.  Teflon or ceramic non-stick should be hand washed or just buy them at a decently cheap price for the quality and replace when they scratch, which I haven't had an issue with from ceramic non-stick.  I'd go for more of them over Teflon.

4. Eat out.  Let them do the cooking, cleaning and worrying about their pots and pans.  We have options in this.

Enjoy your wealth of products to choose from and the wisdom on this board! Smiley LOL

Valued Contributor

I enjoy my All-Clad stainless.  Tramontina is my second favorite.  I never put them in the dishwasher though.  

Honored Contributor

HSN's line of Curtis Stone's stuff is really good. Most of his stuff, though, I don't think your suppose to put in dishwasher.   Hate that. LOL

Wolfgang probably has great stuff, also.

Respected Contributor

I like ScanPan which I usually buy from Sur la Table when it’s on sale.

Respected Contributor

I'm using Kirkland Brand (Costco) hard anodized with no problems.  I've had this set for at least 7 years and I cook almost everyday with them.  I have never put them in the diswasher and I have a smooth top stove.