Esteemed Contributor

Cooking with Geoffrey Zakarian = new show

[ Edited ]

QVC has just added a new "show" to its lineup: Cooking with Geoffrey Zakarian. Some content is already available in the QVC app and on the website, and a live debut is scheduled for Wednesday at midnight to kick off GZ's first ever TSV, a nonstick cast iron Dutch oven with grill pan lid (K49273).

I put "show" in quotation marks, at least for now, since it isn't clear whether this is going to be a truly new program with recipes and tips as implied or whether it will simply end up being GZ hocking his products. Today during ITKWD, GZ is doing presentations with Stacey Stauffer live from his Lambs Club restaurant in NYC, and it has been fairly interesting.

ETA: Here's a link to the GZ content on the QVC website; it doesn't come up in a standard search:

https://www.qvc.com/kitchen-&-food/geoffrey-zakarian/_/N-lglvZ14ark9y/c.html

Honored Contributor

Re: Cooking with Geoffrey Zakarian = new show

if she would let the poor man talk.

I can't stand people talking over one another.

That 'shark' vacumn gal , OMG ! shut up ! I turned on the TV few minutes before David was due and she was like a excited kid on first day of school.

I thought would somebody pull her plug. Geminy !

Trusted Contributor

Will the channel make enough money if they let him cook for the hour?  Yes, they'll sell different products, but demonstrate them so we can see how they function.

Honored Contributor

I enjoy watching HSN cooking shows because at least Chef Curtis & Wolfgang cook!  And this is why people buy -- they make great easy recipes using their products!

I love my Wolfgang new line of SS non-stick frypans.  I was tempted to buy the larger set but I have CS cookware & it's perfect after several years of daily use.

I hardly watch ITKWD or Mary anymore although I enjoy Stacy's Monday night show on Q2.

Honored Contributor

GZ is another over-exposed chef.