Contributor
My DH really wanted wings tomorrow to enjoy during the Super Bowl. He mentioned this rather late (as in this morning) so by the time I got to the store, there was virtually nothing available. They had one packet of drumettes which I knew wouldn't be enough for him. They did, however, have turkey wings. I decided to get those instead as I thought...what's the difference? They are just bigger. Now, I'm wondering just exactly what temperature do I cook these and for how long? I have a tequila lime recipe we love and it's baked in the oven so I'm sticking with that but I'm not sure about adjusting the temperature or cooking time. Does anyone have any experience with turkey wings and can help give some guidance? Thanks in advance.
Respected Contributor

Wow - good luck with that.

The only recipe I know for turkey wings is a soup my mom made. The wings, cabbage, carrots, onions, bay leaf, tomatoes and water. I personally am not a soup eater but DH and my dad loved it. After she made it, she let it cool and skimmed off any grease. She would serve the soup over rice too.

Esteemed Contributor

Baked Turkey Wings

poultry seasoning: 1/4 Teaspoon

paprika: 1/2 Teaspoon

onion powder: 1/2 Teaspoon

garlic powder: 1/2 Teaspoon

kosher salt: 1/2 Teaspoon

black pepper: 1/4 Teaspoon

canola oil: 1 Tablespoon

TURKEY WINGS, cut into sections and wing tips discarded: 3 Pounds

Mix first six ingredients together in a small bowl. Sprinkle oil over turkey wings. Sprinkle wings with seasonings mixture.

Spray a shallow baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange wings in a single layer in the baking dish.

Bake in a preheated 325 degree F oven for about 1 hour or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.

I found several recipes. One suggested brining the wings. I would think you could uncover them the last 30 mins to crisp or turn the oven hotter for 15-20 minutes. Good luck. They do sound good!

Esteemed Contributor
Found another one...
Baked Turkey Buffalo Wings

Baked Turkey Buffalo Wings

Ingredients

• 2-4 whole turkey wings, trimmed
  • 1/2 c butter, melted
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil (optional)
  • 1/4 - 1/2 c hot sauce - I use Frank's Red Hot

Instructions

1. place wings on a cooling rack atop a baking sheet
  2. bake at 375 for 1 hour, turning over every 20 minutes until browned and crisp
  3. melt butter and add coconut oil to butter, add hot sauce and stir until well blended
  4. in a large bowl, add sauce, then toss wings, one by one, in sauce until coated
  5. serve immediately
Respected Contributor

Well you'd only need one. I bought 5lb of chicken wings to cook tomorrow. I'd eat both recipes.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Esteemed Contributor

DH buys smoked turkey wings or turkey necks all the time. They are ready to eat.

Contributor
Thank you....the recipes sound good too! 5 lbs of wings to cook? wow...that's a lot of wings. Maybe my big ole turkey wings will be just fine. Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor
On 1/31/2015 NYC2AZ said: Thank you....the recipes sound good too! 5 lbs of wings to cook? wow...that's a lot of wings. Maybe my big ole turkey wings will be just fine. Smiley Happy

LOL, I'll be eating leftovers. And it all fit on the egg.

egg

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Esteemed Contributor

YUM! I'll be right over! Want me to bring the beer?

Esteemed Contributor

I use smoked turkey wings to make my turkey chili. I'm boiling some right now.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.