New Contributor

Cooking pasta/rice in a pressure cooker

Help! I had a 4qt Cook's Essential pressure cooker and now have a Breville Fast Slow Cooker and I can never get pasta or rice correct when cooking. I cooked a mac and cheese recipe from Meredith's pressure cooker book and the pasta on the top didn't cook all the way. I've also tried recipes with rice from Bob's cookbooks and the rice is almost never cooked all the way. And I always follow the instructions exactly. Does anyone have any suggestions? The pasta I cooked in the Breville seemed to need more water and it probably would have been okay (I'm using a 6qt pc and Meredith's recipes are meant for that size so the problem wasn't because my pc was too large). I'm wondering if it has to do with PSI. I know that range top pcs usually go up to 15 PSI and maybe the cookbooks are meant for 15 PSI. I know the high pressure setting only goes up to about 12 PSI. Everything else is usually cooked just fine, it's just the pasta/rice that I'm having trouble with. Help!!! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy