Respected Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

What I always wonder is this - all the instructions say to keep frozen until you bake it.  Well after I take mine out of the freezer, they sit on the counter until the oven is heated to the proper temperature.  Or am I supposed to put the pizza back in the freezer after I read the instructions?  LOL, no matter mine turn out fine.

I will say the Screamin' Sicilian is the best frozen pizza we have found!

I read a wikipedia article that suggested taking the frozen pizza (still wrapped in plastic) out of the freezer and leaving it on the counter for an hour before baking. 

That makes sense to me, and I plan to try that. I already do that when baking frozen rolls. 

Honored Contributor

We have a pizza stone.  The rack is supposed to give you crisp crust.

Respected Contributor

I use a pizza stone.  The crust is crisp with this and no mess.  The stone gets discolored with use but that's  OK.

I tried placing the pizza directly on the oven rack.  Cheese dripped onto the rack and bottom of oven, giving me a big mess to clean up. Never again.

Trusted Contributor

On our first trip to Target as a married couple (51 years ago!), we bought a thin round pizza pans with plenty of holes.  It has been used for frozen pizzas all of these years.  My sons and grandsons always said that my OVEN made the best frozen pizzas.  I am convinced that it is that beat up looking pan.

P.S.  I almost always add extra veggies and cheese to inexpensive frozen pizzas.

Trusted Contributor

@Desertdi   I never seen that before.  Does it take longer to cook a pizza that way ?  Does it get the bottom nice and brown too. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Cooking a frozen pizza

[ Edited ]

@CoffeeNut wrote:

@Desertdi   I never seen that before.  Does it take longer to cook a pizza that way ?  Does it get the bottom nice and brown too. 

@CoffeeNut    There are heating units in both the top and bottom, and the bottom tray rotates.   As for the length of time....that would depend on the item you are cooking.    (For pizza, you can pretty well tell it's done by looking at it.)

Here's another view of the tray in use:

Pizzazz Plus Rotating Oven

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I always thaw a frozen pizza in the refrigerator before baking it directly on the rack.  I do sometimes use one of the pizza pans with the holes in the bottom of it if I think the pizza will overflow.

I think they cook more evenly if thawed first.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

I always put it in a pan.

#1 because of the mess it could make and 

#2 how do you get a flaming hot pizza out of the oven if it's not on a pan?

Honored Contributor

I've been putting them right on the rack and, so far, haven't had drippage, although I do add more pepperoni and cheese to mine.

As to taking it out of the oven - that's a whole other skill set, particularly for a klutz like I am.    What I do is put an oven mitt on one hand.  In the other hand is the cutting mat it will go onto.   

I pull the rack out a bit and with the oven mitt hand I push the pizza onto the cutting mat in my other hand, holding the mat just a bit under the oven rack, and as it gets safely there I'm able to use both hands to securely carry the mat over to the counter.

I got pretty good at it but I have to be very cautious, due to my klutziness.  Early on, I almost dropped it onto the oven door so that was when I realized I need to pay every bit of attention to it until I'm done.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Cooking a frozen pizza

[ Edited ]

Bottom of my electric oven is covered by a sheet of Teflon from the ThreadNanny  Company that I purchased on Amazon.  Drips wash right off in a sink of soapy water.  I cook my pizza directly on the oven rack.