Honored Contributor

Re: Cookies You Loved That Aren't Available Now

@colliemom4 

I found a comparable cookie just recently at Dollar General; Clover Valley brand, same type packaging, and cookie looks and tastes, mostly as I remember.   

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

@colliemom4 

I found a comparable cookie just recently at Dollar General; Clover Valley brand, same type packaging, and cookie looks and tastes, mostly as I remember.   

@RedTop  Thanks! I'll have to look for those.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@feline groovy wrote:

these were my favorite cookies ! I used to put a straw threw the middle My Childhood Memories, Sweet Memories, Childhood Games, 80s Food, Chocolate Fudge Cookies, Best Cookies Ever, Cookie Box, Good Ole, Do You Remember

THESE!!!

I was just talking about these cookies the other day with my DH.  We both loved them and how the chocolate used to poke through the flower shaped cookie...mmmmmmmmmm

Honored Contributor

@Pixie66 @ wrote:

@feline groovy wrote:

these were my favorite cookies ! I used to put a straw threw the middle My Childhood Memories, Sweet Memories, Childhood Games, 80s Food, Chocolate Fudge Cookies, Best Cookies Ever, Cookie Box, Good Ole, Do You Remember

THESE!!!

I was just talking about these cookies the other day with my DH.  We both loved them and how the chocolate used to poke through the flower shaped cookie...mmmmmmmmmm

Sometimes I would use my pinky to push it clean through, Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

The original Lemon Thins and Orange Thins. I believe they were made by Nabisco. They came in a single row box covered in foil. There are some good lemon cookies now but none as good as Lemon Thins. 

Esteemed Contributor

Pogens

Honored Contributor

I have a reverse thought. Every time I go to the store and see a bazillion varieties of Oreos (the latest I noticed was birthday cake filling) I long for the good old days of when there was only the original. There is such a thing as too many choices!

I loved those Fudgetown cookies too but haven't thought about them in years so I didn't miss them. 

Frequent Contributor

I miss Trader Joe's Gingeroos. They were chewy ginger cookies with bits of candied ginger, and they tasted exactly like the ginger cookies my late grandfather made in his bake shop. I loved those cookies so much, I cried when TJ's discontinued them.

Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

The ones that my mom made......Woman Sad.

@tends2dogs me too - and the strange thing is they were kinda like @ECBG  described except my mother usually burned the bottom alsoSmiley Surprised (she did not like to bake ) , it was basically a sugar /butter cookie --made with margarine (the healthy fat of the day ). I think it was my mom I enjoyed as much as the  cookie.Heart

I used to love the lemon coolers . In DV 's book 'Comfort Food Shortcuts ' he has a recipe on pg.239 that is a look alike. I haven't tried it but it may work.

As another poster said the Keebler Elf cookie is sold at most of the stores around me. Believe me , I know DH is always telling me to " buy some of those little men cookies ". They come double stuffed or plain even have thier names on them --one is Ernie. I have taken them to community events and they are gone at warp speed !

I am trying to lose a few lockdown (?) lbs. so will be forgoing cookies for awhile . I have a clippiing on my fridge from a woman's magazine :

What if eating cookies isn't cheating on our diet-

it's going on a diet that's cheating on our cookies ?

We must look at all theories in life -- right? 

Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i miss lemon coolers and i miss lime coolers......i think they were made by sunshine? they were small cookies with a burst of lemon or lime flavor and covered in powdered sugar.

Those were sooo good!  Used to keep them in my desk drawer when I was teaching school, and I'd sneak one every now and then. They were inexpensive too.