Respected Contributor

Cookies-Davy Crockett recipe

Today I bought cookies at a local market; I like them so much I looked up the recipe on line.  They are called "Davy Crockett" cookies.  The key ingredients are oatmeal, brown sugar and chocolate chips.  I could have sworn I tasted butterscotch chips, but maybe it was the brown sugar. 

Does  anyone have a fabulous family recipe for Davy Crockett cookies they would like to share?  Thanks.  The recipe I printed is from cooks dot com.  It's looking good, but I thought I'd ask; posters come up with some great recipes. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Cookies-Davy Crockett recipe

@maximillian    I recall seeing a recipe for Laura Bush's Cowboy Cookies which was published in Southern Living, which usually has good recipes.  It sounds very similar to your recipe.  I couldn't post it as it contains a retail link but you can Google it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Cookies-Davy Crockett recipe

I think Davy Crockett cookies or bars are essentially an oatmeal cookie with chocolate chips.  I've had them made from a recipe using a cup of oil, as well as from a recipe using butter as the fat.  The ones with butter were the best of both recipes.