Super Contributor

Cook's Essentials microwave express cooker UH-OH

Just got this microwave cooker today, fast shipping. BUT, the first pages have a 

WARNING: Birds are sensitive to cooking fumes from overheated 500 Degree temps. PTFE coaked cookware. Never keep birds in your kitchen.

Back this goes. Totally upset they still make this kind of nonstick. Didn't even think to check it out. Thought it was no longer used in any cookware. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cook's Essentials microwave express cooker UH-OH

I'll def check back to see what the responses are - should be interesting.  Birds kept in the kitchen?  What does one bake/cook at temp over 500?

Honored Contributor

@fthunt.  ITA  That's exactly what I was thinking. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

EVERYBODY knows the story about "birds in a coal mine", and I sure wouldn't want to be part of an "experiment".............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Some people do keep birds in the kitchen.

I had a real estate client whose house I was working to sell.  Had a huge eat-in kitchen and a large cage with a parrot at the far end.

I  loved the parrot, who was usually out of its cage when owners were home, was hilariously talkative and acted like "one of the family'---even pooped in the bathroom like everyone else.  Its favorite phrase was "It's not fair, it's not fair".  

Owners both worked so parrot was in the cage all day.

I had reports from a few agents who went to show the house but then  didn't dare unlock the front door........heard a "baby crying" and figured they should not disturb at that time.  

It was the darn bird, who wailed like an infant when the doorbell rang..  It took a long time to get the house sold.

Honored Contributor

I got rid of all that type of cookware recently--have ceramic non stick--Curtis Stone--that I love----I have a couple pieces --small appliances that have the black non stick but never cook at high temps using them and don't have birds either-however all those fumes are bad for people too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I guess so.  

@novamc1 

Super Contributor

@wagirl  Yes, we got rid of all our coated cookware for ceramic. Love Deen Bros.

We don't have birds, but we have an elderly very sick kitty who is always underfoot. Regardless, I don't want anything that has that coating at all ever again. Spent a lot to get rid of it piece by piece. Plus, who knows how high the temp goes inside a closed dish cooking in the microwave for minutes. 

Valued Contributor

@cozyseeker wrote:

@wagirl  Yes, we got rid of all our coated cookware for ceramic. Love Deen Bros.

We don't have birds, but we have an elderly very sick kitty who is always underfoot. Regardless, I don't want anything that has that coating at all ever again. Spent a lot to get rid of it piece by piece. Plus, who knows how high the temp goes inside a closed dish cooking in the microwave for minutes. 

I Love, love, love their pieces of cookware !  Like it better than Curtis Stone, and I Love him, too!!