Respected Contributor

Re: Cook's Essentials lifetime warranty--not a totally true statement

@HonnyBrown wrote:

I ran into this with a Coach briefcase. 

The "lifetime warranty" referred to the lifetime of the briefcase, not my lifetime.

I find this incredibly misleading , not just because it was not made clear, but because the term "lifetime" would be assumed to refer to something living ( the person who  buys it) and NOT an  inanimate object.. Their wording, in my opinion skirts the law..

Reminds me of those K-Tel "Record Collections" in the 1970's- they listed the titles of all theses gerat ongs on the album, performed by "your favorie artists", Well, it wasn't the music you thought you were getting at all, it was those songe, but performed by a band called "Your Favorite Artists".. It wasn't exactly a LIE, but it sure wasnt what  the commercial lead people  to believe..

Esteemed Contributor

LOL!!!!!  MT, now that's foul!

I guess that's why they aren't around anymore.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.

I just contacted QVC about a purchase I made in 2004 of cooks essentials. Within 10 minutes they had my information in front of them and promised either a  replacement if still available, something similar if not, or a full refund if I didn't not want what they offered for a replacement. Best service ever....I'll follow up when everything is complete..so far, so good.

Regular Contributor

Could be like HSN when they had their Ultrex cookware, it had a 75 yr warranty, stating a "Lifetime warranty, who's life time"?

Well the company that made Ultrex went out of business leaving everyone that owned the cookware with no warranty at all.

Honored Contributor

@Jackyl wrote:

I purchased a Cook's Essentials roaster pan more than 10 years ago. The nonstick is really coming off the bottom, it's not scratched. I called QVC and they informed me that there is nothing they can do because the pan isn't made anymore. They often talk of this lifetime warranty, but this cannot possibly be true if they discontinue the item. Sounds like an easy way to get out of a lifetime warranty. I'm quite sure my entire cook set would fall under this, as I bought it shortly after CE was introduced. Can't have a lifetime warranty if they quit making the stuff. I think this is really false advertising. Has anyone else run into this? This is really disappointing that they did this.

They are supposed to replace it with something similar in the line now. Call back and get another rep.

I quit sending mine in, because by the time you pay the shipping, and get replacement pieces that don't match anything you have, one might just as well go to TJ Maxx and get something of better quality for the same money and less aggravation.

I gave up on CE a long time ago. 

Honored Contributor

This thread is from 2011.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

What they fail to tell you cook essentials is now concidered farberware

I bought this set because of the warranty and will not purchase from QVC again, instead I'll take my chances with the Costco warranty.

Respected Contributor

Many companies that have the lifetime warranty do this. Craftsman is notorious for this. They routinely change batteries for their drills and things, which now means the old are no longer supported, so when your batteries bite the dust, you get a price break on a new one, but that is it. They should simply replace it with whatever is the current version of it. PERIOD!
Honored Contributor

Several years ago (maybe 10?) I contacted them about replacing two CE saucepans.  I had to pay to ship them back, but I did get 2 replacements.  They didn't have the 2 qt. I needed replaced, so they sent me a 3 quart.  I think L n L, TT, CE, etc. don't honor the guarantees now like they did years ago.