Occasional Contributor

Cook's Essential Air Fryer grease splatters

I recently got the air fryer. Love it so far. Tried burgers in it for the first time tonight. They were ok...not as good as on a grill but oh well. My problem is that the grease that splattered on the sides and dripped to the bottom is stuck on like glue. I've been soaking it for a couple hours and will try scrubbing again. What's an easy way to get the grease off?  Is it ok to line the bottom with foil?

Honored Contributor

Re: Cook's Essential Air Fryer grease splatters

I put both reomvable peices in the dishwasher, I have not found grease on the side as yet

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Buy ground round or sirloin.

Honored Contributor

I mainly cook frozen things in my air fryer.  I don't add oil/grease, etc.  I can't get the basket clean to save my life.  Its been through the dish washer, soaked over night, scrubbed and it still looks the same.  

Trusted Contributor

Odd...mine comes out clean as a whistle every time. And never any splatter issues.

Honored Contributor

I've got a NuWave 6 qt. air fryer. It has a removable basket from the base. It's a mesh silver wire basket. Just hand wash it with a Scotch Brite.

Valued Contributor

I use my AF daily and make bacon in it once a week, I have never had a problem washing it with hot sudsy water with Dawn.  I also use the 100 Count Perforated Parchment Paper - Bamboo Steamer Liners - Steamer Parchment Paper for 8-Inch Bamboo Steamers and Air Fryers sold on Amazon.  They are great for a fast cleanup if making something that is greasy.  Just make sure you don't pre-heat your AF with the parchment alone, it could catch fire.

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you