Honored Contributor

What is your favorite convenience food. Mine is Uncle Ben's Ready Rice. It is 90 seconds in the microwave and no pot to clean. It comes in many flavors, but I stick with plain brown rice and it comes out right every time. I get mine at Amazon I a box of 12 and it is cheaper than the store. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Mine is Idahoan Mashed Potatoes.  All you need to do is add a package to 2 cups boiling water and nothing else.  Butter and seasonings already in package.  Does not taste  fake like regular instant mashed potatoes.  I got these when I had several broken bones in my arm and now I see no need to waste time peeling potatoes and mashing them.

Honored Contributor

Re: Convenience Foods

[ Edited ]

Hungry Jack Instant Mashed Potatoes.

I think the taste and consistency is better than others I have tried. 

Since there is nothing added, I have my own recipe for making a lower calorie version.  I use Brummel & Brown, 0% F a g e yogurt, and water instead of butter and milk.  

Honored Contributor

RAO’S pasta sauce (their pizza sauce too).  

We don’t eat rice, potatoes, pasta, or grains.

Respected Contributor

Re: Convenience Foods

[ Edited ]

I don't eat too many "convenience foods", as I go by the "fresh is best" mentality, mostly...but...everyone needs something in their arsenol for those nights you just want no fuss, no muss (especially since we've ALL had to cook more during pandemic!)

For me it's Amy's frozen meals...particularly I like the Light & Lean. Hard to consistently find them in my local grocery stores lately, hit and miss on my favorites.

Occasionally I do the Pacific brand boxed soups too. I love their Corn Chowder (I think it's Southwestern...yummy.)

Also @QVCkitty1 ... I've had some of those 90 second rices too, "Seeds Of Change" Organic is the brand I've had...they're good!  90 seconds to meal time~ can't beat that! 😄

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Just curious, what do you put the sauce on?

Honored Contributor

Mixed frozen berries. So convenient to have all the different kinds of berries ready to eat. 

Esteemed Contributor

Schwan's Baked Breaded Chicken breasts and frozen Creamy Mashed Potatoes.

Honored Contributor

@amyb wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Just curious, what do you put the sauce on?

@amyb 

I have several options:

Meat sauce over zoodles (zucchini noodles)

Meat sauce for zucchini boats

Meat sauce for lasagna made with either eggplant or Palmini hearts of palm sheets

Keto pizza casserole with riced cauliflower base 

Meatballs or Italian sausage with peppers, onions & sauce 

Fat head pizza crust

So Ketolicious pizza crust

I use homemade Alfredo sauce with spaghetti squash but would like to try a meat sauce sometime.  

Trusted Contributor

Frozen dark sweet cherries (Publix)

Goya canned beans (take your pick)

Marie Callender frozen chicken pot pie (the large size)