Honored Contributor

Convenience Foods That Hit The Mark!

Sometimes you do find a convenience item (or DH falls into it and drags it home) and it's yummy!

Please share!!!

These are more than yummy and 4 or 5 minutes saves me when I work!  They've hit it perfectly!!!!

Resers Fine Foods Resers Main St. Bistro Scalloped Potatoes, 20 oz

Honored Contributor

Re: Convenience Foods That Hit The Mark!

@ECBG  Perhaps you would share at what market you found them and what section of the market they were in... Often, foods like that can be in several different places!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@ECBG  Perhaps you would share at what market you found them and what section of the market they were in... Often, foods like that can be in several different places!

@stevieb We got them at Ingles which was opened in our hometown.  I saw that walmart has them!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Main Street Bistro can be found at Costco. All of their products are very good.

Respected Contributor

Those scalloped potatoes look delicious. My husband always tells me that I’ve never met a potato I didn’t like.

Honored Contributor

Margaret Holmes canned Tomatoes, Okra and Corn in a can.  It along with some leftover chicken, chicken broth, and served over rice will make a quick gumbo.  I also sometimes add another can of diced tomatoes or fresh tomatoes when I have them.

Amy's Mexican Dinners--frozen.  We like the enchiladas and the ones with green sauce (verde) but not so much the bowl ones.  Add some salsa on top and serve with tortilla chips and they are pretty good for a quick meal. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Margaret Holmes canned Tomatoes, Okra and Corn in a can.  It along with some leftover chicken, chicken broth, and served over rice will make a quick gumbo.  I also sometimes add another can of diced tomatoes or fresh tomatoes when I have them.

Amy's Mexican Dinners--frozen.  We like the enchiladas and the ones with green sauce (verde) but not so much the bowl ones.  Add some salsa on top and serve with tortilla chips and they are pretty good for a quick meal. 

@Sooner LOVE everything (I've tried) of Margret Holmes!

Love okra, roast it whole.  I also keep tomatoes.  Add chunks of onion!

We need to live next door!

Honored Contributor

Reminds me, I just ordered some of those dried Betty Crocker Potatoes Au Gratin.  When I got the order, I couldn't believe the size of the box.  It looked like something from  child's toy cook set.  Must serve 2.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner LOVE everything (I've tried) of Margret Holmes!

Love okra, roast it whole.  I also keep tomatoes.  Add chunks of onion!

We need to live next door!

@ECBG If we lived next door we'd be sitting on the porch a lot because soon we couldn't get THROUGH the door!  Woman Embarassed

Yes I love okra too!  I like it in cornmeal or flour and sauteed NOT deep fried.  My husband thinks I have a bizarre stash of canned tomatoes.  How would too many be possible?  

There are whole, diced, stewed, flavored, crushed, and in sauce, and sauce and paste for good measure oh and JUICE.  Big cans, small cans, salt, no salt, organic. . . 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner Honey, you're southern, don't tell anyone!!!!Smiley Happy